KC Chiefs Draft Selections

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2007
TEE ARE AYE DEE EEE

TRADE LJ.BYE BYE HIP HOPPER.GO TO NEW YORK DOG,WE DONT NEED YOUR RUNNINN UP THE MIDDLE EVERYTIME,NON BLOCKIN' ,NON CATCHIN ASS!

Love to the FEW...

Sep 17, 2003
The Chiefs have pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that the next couple years, and this upcoming year in particular, they are rebuilding. Now, I think Carl is trying his best to limit his losses this year by keeping a few of the Veterans around, so it might not be as painful as it could be.

But the Chiefs have to know that by the time they will be poised to make a serious run (or so they hope) that LJ will be in the final year or two of his career.

Most of everything is probably pure speculation, but no one really ever know for certain until something does or does not happen.

Jan 10, 2006
Yahoo! predicts:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-mockdraft042507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

First Round:
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Tennessee defensive tackle Justin Harrell. Teams have grown very fond of his toughness and motor. However, if Marshawn Lynch slides to this spot, it will make for an interesting debate inside the team’s war room as general manager Carl Peterson is known for having made decisions like that in the past (Larry Johnson when Priest Holmes was at his prime).

Second Round:
22. Kansas City: UNLV CB Eric Wright

Jun 10, 2005
KCVILLIAN said:
lol i thought i was the only one noticing that shit, dunno why the fuck think runnin it down the middle every damn down will work, i think its gunther cunninham or w/e his name is they did this shit years ago when he was around then they got rid of him then they got him back what last or year b4 last? dude is fuckin dumb

You do realize that Gunther Cunningham is our devensive cordinator and has nothing to do with our offense. the man is an awsome efensive cordinator but horrible head coach. Look what he has one with our horrible Defense in just 2 years.

Also snoop minnus was cut from the Chiefs 4 years ago, we have been in Dire need of a WR for a long time. Eddie Kennisen can be a good #2 guy but he is not cut out to be a #1 WR. He's horrible. Hopefully Dwayne Bowe can season up quick to help open up our passing game.

Oh and LJ isn't going to be worth shit if we don't start working on our O-line QUICK. Will Shield was the only good thing left of our O-line last season and he is now gone.

But our D will be stacked this year lol

Oh and nobody fucked up the draft this year like the Miami Dolphins. they had a chance to get a young quarterback with a ton of potential in Brady Quinn and have him learn from Trent Green (If that trade goes through) to help out their horrible QB situation ( Sorry but daunte Culpepper sucks). Instead they use a #9 pick to draft a sub-par WR who was injured most of last season and nobody had picked to go before #20.

Nov 14, 2003
iam37one said:
Yahoo! predicts:

First Round:
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Tennessee defensive tackle Justin Harrell. Teams have grown very fond of his toughness and motor. However, if Marshawn Lynch slides to this spot, it will make for an interesting debate inside the team’s war room as general manager Carl Peterson is known for having made decisions like that in the past (Larry Johnson when Priest Holmes was at his prime).

Second Round:
22. Kansas City: UNLV CB Eric Wright

Sports Illustrated predicted Bowe and they were right. Will be interesting to see what the Vikings will do with Adrian Peterson

Feb 17, 2006
iam37one said:
Yahoo! predicts:

First Round:
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Tennessee defensive tackle Justin Harrell
yeah my packers got justin harrell, and that motherfucker only played three games last year cause he had to have surgery on his left bicep or something

i dont wanna complain about the pick or anything until i see him, but goddamn he gonna have to be really fucking good because the packers dont need anymore defensive tackles

but i guess it's never a bad thing to have a big guy to give another big guy a breather

Jan 10, 2006
Kansas City
Rd Sel# Player Pos. School
1 23 Dwayne Bowe WR Louisiana State
Pat Kirwan's Analysis
Big, strong, physical player, faster than Keyshawn Johnson. He had 38 receptions of 20-plus yards in his college career. He has big-play ability and did himself a huge favor going to the Senior Bowl and showing the coaches. Very good route runner and downfield blocker.

2 54 Turk McBride DT Tennessee
Gil Brandt's Analysis
Kansas City started off the draft wanting defensive help, and McBride is an athlete who really came on this past season. He’s really a one-year starter, but he had impressive workouts at the Combine and at his Pro Day. He's a 280-pound defensive lineman who can run.

3 82 DeMarcus 'Tank' Tyler DT North Carolina State
Gil Brandt's Analysis
Tyler is probably a player who has had some off-the-field problems (probably would have been drafted higher). He had 42 bench presses at the Combine. He has to watch his weight and be a more competitive player on every play. Herm Edwards is very good at reclamation projects, and Tyler answers a need.

4 148 Kolby Smith RB Louisville
Gil Brandt's Analysis
He was Michael Bush's backup, then started and played well after Bush broke his leg. He gained 5.6 yards per carry and he’s a good receiver. At 220 pounds, he has 4.49 speed.

5 160 Justin Medlock K UCLA
Gil Brandt's Analysis
It's an interesting pick. In my estimation, he was the No. 1 or No. 2 kicker at the Combine. He’s very accurate. He had gotten into some trouble after his junior year at UCLA.

6 196 Herbert Taylor OT Texas Christian
Gil Brandt's Analysis
He was a tackle at Texas Christian, but probably will be limited to guard in the NFL. He was a four-year starter and an all-conference player. His position coach at TCU, Eddie Williamson, did a great job with this player.

7 231 Michael Allan TE Whitworth
Gil Brandt's Analysis
He's a big tight end. He was the only Division II player at this year's Combine. He ran a 4.69 and had 53 catches and 9 TDs last year. He has good hands but hasn't played at a high level of competition.