JUST KEEPIN IT REAL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 7, 2006
AY...IMA CATCH SOME FLACK BACK ON THIS ONE....BUT THIS IS THE FORUM...I WOULD REGARDLESS....BUT KEEPIN IT REAL....IT'S STILL 40 LIKE IT ALWAYS WAS...AIN'T SHIT CHANGED OUT HERE.....AIN'T NOBODY ELSE DID TOO MUCH..YES .CATS HAVE BEEN MAKING MOVES...BUT THERE'S STILL A GANG OF WACK ASS SHIT COMING OUTA HEAR...ALONG WITH A GANG OF GOOD AS NEW MUSIC...BUT THE CATS WITH SOME MAJOR CHANGE THE GAME NATIONALY SHIT ARE GETTING OVERLOOKED BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS SHIT FOR THEMSELF...THEY DON'T WANT THE NEXT TO SHINE BEFORE THEY GET PUT ON...WHICH IS KINDA UNDERSTANDABLE BUT...COME ON....LOOK WHAT HAPPENS.....LIKE A MILLION YEARS PASSES AND IT'S STILL 40....I KNOW THERE'S A FEW BAY CATS AND GROUPS IN THE STUDIO WORKING ON THEY MAJOR RELEASES AND I GIVE THEM BIG DAP AND RESPECT ON THE SOON TO BE RELEASED PROJECTS AND HOPE THEY ALL DO DAMB GOOD....BUT HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE (FOR AN AREA THAT PROVIDES IDEAS FOR THE WHOLE INDUSTRY) TO GET PUT ON FULL THROTLE?

May 5, 2005
Because everybody sounds the same. Way too much Hyphy clone trash and nobody really stands out. Nobody has that nationwide appeal other than the Team and they going solo for a while. There aint no diversity hardly. There used to be when The Bums, The coup, Heiro and hobo junction did their thing nationwide. Zion I is nice but they too deep for the majority of the dumb fucks in huge white T's.

YOu gonna catch hell and get called a hater but you right. Everybody always on here talking about so in so is talking to majors or so in so is doing big things. But compared to the artists back east and down south we a joke. Even La is pathetic.

Feb 13, 2004
THERE'S REAL CATS OUT HERE DOING THEY THANG. I HAVE A REAL GOOD FEELING THAT THE BAY IS GONNA BLOW REAL SOON. I THINK SNOOP IS GONNA GIVE US SOME HELP OUT HERE. GET OUR SHIT HEARD. PLUS THE RAPPERS THAT ARE ALREADY LOOKING AT RECORD DEALS AND DISTRUBUTION DEALS. I THINK WITH ASSASSIN'S WAY OF HUSTLING HE'S GONNA GET US MORE NOTICED OUT HERE. WOODIE IS GOOD AT HIS HUSTLE TOO SO RIGHT THERE WITH THOSE TWO BAY AREA VETS THERE'S GONNA BE LOOKS AT US OUT HERE. I SEE GOOD THINGS COMING TO THE BAY.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I think the bay has a perfect storm kinda thing goin on, vets like 40 and short pushin real hard, mob guys like jacka and co., all the hyphy folks, and what 707 said guys like Assasin and Woodie who have gone unnoticed carrying their regions, somethin needs to click and the bay will be enjoying success like no other time in history.

Jun 6, 2006
alot of cats out here is just caught up on life right about now,alot of these rappers do have familys u know. its been alot of bay area talent signed to major lables past and present, some of the contracts they be getting be kinda fucked up and they just dont wanna sign. i truly dont understand the whole bay area awards when aint shit really been accomplished,of course u kno 40 is gonna win, or too short,i personally feel that they should be excluded from it all (as far as being in the list of contestants)

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE (FOR AN AREA THAT PROVIDES IDEAS FOR THE WHOLE INDUSTRY) TO GET PUT ON FULL THROTLE?
you need unity and discipline.to many friendships have been accuried thru bay area inner connections and when it comes down to listening parties or whatever,"real opinions" dont exist,so like if for instance the shit is wack haha, if their music ids not all that good,sum1 will continue to tell them it sounds good.to much politics and to many cheifs and every1 is in competition with one another,that why we cant go no where,alot of these rappers and so called "bay legends" have this whole big head ass ego persona which limits alot of shit from being done. we have alot of people who think they know it all and feel they have sumthing to prove as far as music business or business is concerned,money isnt being invested right,......its a whole lot of problems.....the question is,what are you going to do in regards of benefiting and moving on and your music career?

me myself i could never sign to another local indie label out here unless it was my own company,i would network and collab with anybody who is wiling and able to the fullest but as far as im concerned,everything im apart of out here is a stepping stone,thats gon be used to get me to the next plateau

Jun 6, 2006
we can speak on the problems all day,we already know of all of this and have been for many many years.nobody well its not very many who has a plan for action or is willing to make something happen,i think i have the master plan for all of this and have been working on it for many years and it gets deep but what good is to make a list of all the problems w.o a plan of solution,there is no time to be pointing fingers or blaming one another for this and that..time to move forward

Apr 7, 2004
what im trying to do now is say fuck it.....go straight at the majors with good music...heat....not too much shit about the bay..so I can be looked at as just an artist with good music....Im bay fo life...but the listeners across the nation and execs like it or not put the bay area at the bottom of the barrel like you're not in competition with the big dogs....shit.....in my mind all these years i've already put myself in the industry...in my mind im already competing with the major artists...shit...why not...and it has too show in my music to be accepted as that....think big...do big...think local...do local...also local out here has it's own standards...feel me...for radio out here they wanna play local flow...local style....local slap......but most is not looked at as major competition across the nation....when I write that type of music...it's not accepted out here for radio and in general...cats shut it down like...you tryna do this...you tryna do that.....but execs is at it like this is what we lookin for...so why tailor my shit for the bay when i'll most likely get stuck in that catigory and may not even get any radio play low sales ect....again im bay fo life but will no longer let it fully influence how I wanna write or do music...