just got a macbook pro..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 4, 2002
i just bought a macbook pro, i don't know about most of yall but im an institutionalized pc user, what does this macbook pro have to offer that i cant do with a pc. what software and what general use does a mac have over a pc that i should take advantage of other than music programs and digital media editing?

Jul 4, 2002
make sure u get ur applecare within the first year cus after the year is up u cant get it, applecare is ur extended coverage on ur macbook pro and covers hardware, shipping & handling, and technical phone support for 3 yrs, its 349.00 but if u say ur a college student then it 249.00...1-800-myapple mmkaaay!

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
^^^If you have windows programs that won't work on a Mac thats a good idea. Macs are just supposed to be all around more reliable because of OS X.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
MOREBASS said:
Tip:

Use your PC mouse with your Mac, and you will still have all of the right click functions that you have on your PC.
you have a mac book pro, there's no need for silly "right click".....in system preferences you can edit it so that on the track pad you can do things with two fingers....the one finger still moves the mouse, but two fingers scrolls the page....and if you just click with two fingers its like right clicking (or control clicking for us mac faithfuls)

you can also install boot camp and get windows on your mac book pro

and the macs are still able to get viruses......its just noone really bothers to make mac viruses and the built in firewall is really good.....so there's a 99.9% chance that you'll never get one

Nov 4, 2002
Defy said:
.....in system preferences you can edit it so that on the track pad you can do things with two fingers....the one finger still moves the mouse, but two fingers scrolls the page....and if you just click with two fingers its like right clicking (or control clicking for us mac faithfuls)
now that's what im talkin bout, thanks for the tip mayn. keep them comin.

Dec 9, 2005
I don't have a Macbook, I was just refferring to Mac's in general. Its a lot easier, for me at least, to have the right click button functional.

Dec 2, 2005
Do macbooks have usb ports? if not then how do you bring your digital camera images (i use a canon) to the book....?

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
CONGRATULATIONS DOG, u did what i did, switching to MACs will be the best thing u ever thought of, MACS are 500% better than PCs at being a user friendly, unless ur a computer tech geek working C++ programs, u have no need for a PC, throw it in the trash and burn it. I never use my PC anymore, any and all computers i buy from now on will be a mac, im gettin my big screen imac in 2 weeks. Macs run way better and almost never get pop ups and viruses dont exist.