just came up on these rock cds....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
let me first start off by saying ive always liked 4 rock bands

nirvana
metallica
slayer
guns n roses

i been bangin nothing but rap forever

well my boy found some cds and gave them to me

greenday - dookie, insomniac and nimrod

no doubt - tragic kingdom

offspring - smash

blink 182 - chesire cat/dude ranch/enema of the state/take off your pance and jacket

some pennywise cds

nofx punk in drublic

smashing pumpkins mellon colley and siamese dream

stone temple piots core and purple

plus some other stuff....

all i gotta say is damn this music is fucking good!!!

all of these albums are really good.....blink 182 sounds kinda like some teenage shit but some of it is classic stuff...it reminds me of when i was young in some ways just different circumstances.....

i really feel like i missed out on alot of good music growing up

i just wanna know if anyone else likes these bands and can reccomend some other good bands.....thanks

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Damn right, thats some old school shit you listed up there, boy that even brings memories back to me.

You say you only listened to rap so I'm guessing you haven't heard:

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
John Lennon
Jimi Hendrix
The Doors
The Rolling Stones
Tom Petty
Korn
Godsmack
Hed Pe
Pantera
Soulfly
Mudvayne
System of A Down
Tool
A Perfect Circle

... Wow man, you have no idea what you are missing out on, for real. If you need album/track titles to any of the above bands/artist(s) mentioned let me know and I would be more then happy to help you. There are too many to list but I'll give ya a few to check out.

Sep 12, 2002
I have WAAAY TOO MANY to list; but if you are lookin for some solid releases you HAVE to swoop these:

Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama
Demon Hunter- Summer of Darkness
Killswitch Engage- The End of Heartache
Atreyu - The Curse

.... you wont be disappointed... like anything you will need to soak em a few times, but once it hits you will be addicted

Apr 25, 2002
SRD420 said:
Damn right, thats some old school shit you listed up there, boy that even brings memories back to me.

You say you only listened to rap so I'm guessing you haven't heard:

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
John Lennon
Jimi Hendrix
The Doors
The Rolling Stones
Tom Petty
Korn
Godsmack
Hed Pe
Pantera
Soulfly
Mudvayne
System of A Down
Tool
A Perfect Circle

... Wow man, you have no idea what you are missing out on, for real. If you need album/track titles to any of the above bands/artist(s) mentioned let me know and I would be more then happy to help you. There are too many to list but I'll give ya a few to check out.
ive heard all that classic rock at my job thats pretty much what everyone listens to there...that stuff is pretty good...i had a pantera tape way back called vulger display of power it was hella good...aight as far as the newer bands you listed whats the best album from each one and i can go from there....thanks for your help folks....

Apr 25, 2002
Parapraxis said:
I have WAAAY TOO MANY to list; but if you are lookin for some solid releases you HAVE to swoop these:

Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama
Demon Hunter- Summer of Darkness
Killswitch Engage- The End of Heartache
Atreyu - The Curse

.... you wont be disappointed... like anything you will need to soak em a few times, but once it hits you will be addicted
good looking out mayn ima check all those out and see if i can get into them....

Apr 25, 2002
^^smurf...i was hoping youd drop into this thread homie....i will definitly check those albums out...if you got anymore personal favorites i will check them out

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Hed Pe - Broke
-Bartender
-Waiting To Die
-Swan Dive
-Meadow

Hed Pe - Blackout
-Blackout
-Dangerous

Hed Pe - Only In Amerika
-Represent
-The Box
-Wake Up
-Raise Hell

Korn - Self titled
-Blind
-Ball Tongue
-Faget
-Helmet In The Bush

Korn - Life Is Peachy
-Twist
-A.D.I.D.A.S
-Wicked

Godsmack - Self titled
-Whatever
-Keep Away
-Bad Religion
-Voodoo

Godsmack - Awake
-Awake

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
-Cemetary Gates

Soulfly - Self titled (note: there are 2 self titled albums)
-Back To The Primitive
-Jumpdafuckup
-Boom
-Eye For An Eye

Mudvayne - L.D. 50
-Dig

Tool - Aenima
-Aenima

Tool - Lateralus
-Schism

Slipknot - Self titled
-Wait And Bleed
-Spit It Out
-Liberate

Slipknot - Iowa
-People=Shit
-Disaster Pieces
-Left Behind

Slipknot - Vol. 3 Subliminal Verses
-Duality
-Circle
-Vermillion Pt. 1
-Vermillion Pt. 2

There are so many more Albums/songs that I can list, but these should be good for now. Let me know if you dig any of these.

Dec 25, 2003
Man, if you want to hear some PROPER metal/rock music I would HIGHLY recommend..

ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
DOWN
EYEHATEGOD
SOILENT GREEN
SUPERJOINT RITUAL

That's the shit I listen to besides rap.

Also, go to www.relapse.com and check out some of their bands. You'll be glad you did.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
SJR is the shit! Poor Dimebag... you will not be forgotten brotha. I've heard of eyehategod but actually have never heard anything from them... I'll have to check them out... any album recommendations?

Dec 25, 2003
SRD420 said:
SJR is the shit! Poor Dimebag... you will not be forgotten brotha. I've heard of eyehategod but actually have never heard anything from them... I'll have to check them out... any album recommendations?
Here's some classic EYEHATEGOD albums..

CONFEDERACY OF RUINED LIVES
IN THE NAME OF SUFFERING
DOPESICK
TAKE AS NEEDED FOR PAIN

Swoop em up man, you won't be disappointed.

R.I.P. Dime.

Apr 25, 2002
thanks for the albums pics everybody ima check out every one of these albums so keep them coming

just found a great band and cd

its called

X - wild gift

if you heard it let me know what you think

Sep 12, 2002
a star impaled said:
^^^That shit he listed is horrible as fuck. If you do decide to check out any of that garbage don't let it ruin the whole genre for you.

I suggest you check out these instead.

Poison The Well - Opposite Of December
Scarlet - Cult Classic (these fools are evil as fuck, and he delivers the lyrics in a sort of rap like fashion)
Hopesfall - No Wings To Speak Of (and/or) The Satellite Years
From Autumn To Ashes - Too Bad You're Beautiful
Novella. - Cinematography & Infidelity
Norma Jean - Bless The Matyr & Kiss The Child

and for a little bit softer sound

Thursday - War All The Time
Funeral For A Friend - Casually Dressed & Deep In Conversation
LOL, i cant stand that dudes punkish/whiney voice from 'funeral for a friend' and 'from autumn to ashes' ... however the music itself is pretty good. The dude from hopes fall has kind of a whiney voice too.

I'm all for you typing what you want/voicing your opinion about my suggestions. Different strokes for different folks.

suspect#1 ; let me know if you want me to post up a sample track from each album i listed... i'll even post up sample tracks of 'funeral for a friend' and 'from autumn to ashes' so you can peep those as well, I cant speak on the rest of a star impaled's suggestions. [EDIT: I'd be posting these and P.M.'ing you the links for your personal consumption, and of course recommend you delete them from your hard drive within 24 hours of downloading & checking them out to comply with copyright laws]

As further FYI, i see you are from bremerton; if you are in to supporting local music Demon Hunter happens to be a seattle-area band.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
suspect#1 said:
greenday - dookie, insomniac and nimrod

no doubt - tragic kingdom

offspring - smash

blink 182 - chesire cat/dude ranch/enema of the state/take off your pance and jacket

some pennywise cds

nofx punk in drublic

smashing pumpkins mellon colley and siamese dream

stone temple piots core and purple
haha, wow that just reminded me of my childhood. Those were all my favorite albums when I was growing up. Here's some of the other shit I was listening to back then.
Green Day- 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, Kerplunk
I always preferred Bad Religion to Pennywise, so you might want to check them out.
Weezer- Blue Album, Pinkerton
Radiohead- OK Computer, The Bends
Alice In Chains- Dirt, Jar of Flies, Unplugged, Self Titled
Reel Big Fish- Turn the Radio Off
Rage Against the Machine- Self Titled, Evil Empire
Soundgarden- Superunkown, Down On the Upside
Rancid- And Out Come the Wolves
Sublime- Self Titled, 40 Oz. To Freedom
Ben Folds Five- Whatever & Ever Amen

And here's some stuff I've been listening to recently

Muse- Absolution
Reggie & The Full Effect- Songs Not to Get Married to
Head Automatica- Decadence
Brand New- Deja Entendu
The Mars Volta- De Loused in the Comatorium
Coheed & Cambria- Second Stage Turbine Blade, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3
At the Drive In- Relationship of Command
Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf, Lullabies to Paralyze
AFI- Sing the Sorrow, Black Sails in the Sunset
Silverstein- When Broken is Easily Fixed
And I don't really like them, but you might; Fall Out Boy- From Out Under the Cork Tree

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
B Buzz and SRD420 are reading my mind and shit

I dont even have to post my opinions because they did it all for me

The order I think u should check shit out:

Tool
A Perfect Circle
Mars Volta
System Of A Down
Coheed
Rage Against The Machine

and so on. thats excluding classic rock, dont even get me started on that genre.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^reading my mind to i just got a grip of those cds he mentioned before checkin this post...afi is the shit

im hella diggin punk music

that rage against the machine evil empire is hella good...

keep them suggestions coming im checkin all this shit out and when its said and done ill give my opinion on every album listed after i check it out all the way through

much love on the replys keep them coming!!!

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Sorry suspect to butt into ya thread like this, but I thought w/ all the rock/metal heads in here someone might be able to answer an important question for me.

Aight... I used to have a Ministry CD back in the day, it was a dope disc, but I forgot the name of it. I remember it had a clock on the CD and it was kind of a graish color... can anyone tell me the album title? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to buy that shit again, it was hella dope. THNX