John Woo's "The Killer"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2005
This movie is super sicc wid it. Raekwon (Wu) used a lot of scenes from this movie on his 1st album. I think Necro did 2 on 1 of his albums. It's definitely worth watchin' and ownin' if you can find it. It goes 4 $40 on ebay. My potna downloaded it the other day so umm...yeah. I highly recommend this movie. That'd be tight if it eventually gets released on blu-ray. :siccness:

Nov 15, 2005
No that's "Hardboiled". Same director, same starrin' actor (Chow Yun-Fat). That movie came out in 1992 ("The Killer" came out in 1989). Both movies are hardcore. I'd like both on blu-ray actually.

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
This movie is super sicc wid it. Raekwon (Wu) used a lot of scenes from this movie on his 1st album. I think Necro did 2 on 1 of his albums. It's definitely worth watchin' and ownin' if you can find it. It goes 4 $40 on ebay. My potna downloaded it the other day so umm...yeah. I highly recommend this movie. That'd be tight if it eventually gets released on blu-ray. :siccness:
U think that the church shoot out in "Face/Off" was a referecne to the church shoot out in "The Killer"?

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
U think that the church shoot out in "Face/Off" was a referecne to the church shoot out in "The Killer"?
Also same director...so it is likely.

I got the 3 DVD Ultimate Edition of The Killer. Disc one is the Theatrical Cut, Disc two is the Extended Cut, and Disc three is extras with Interviews, deleted scenes, pics, trailers, documentaries, etc. :cool:

Nov 15, 2005
I own RZA's "Wu-Tang Manual" and I believe he talks about his releationship with John. I haven't read the book in a min though but it's def a good read. I read he's gettin' ready 2 release another book called "The Tao Of Wu". I'll be pickin' that up 4 sure.

@ Mike Manson: where did you get that edition? I'll cop that 4 sure.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
@ Mike Manson: where did you get that edition? I'll cop that 4 sure.
In China, so that'll be difficult for you to get. I checked Amazon but couldn't find that Edition there.

John Woo went back and just made two Chinese movies. Red cliff 1 & 2. If you like old history war movies, then check it out. He also produced Blood Brothers, which is a good Gangsta movie.