John Wick 2 Confirmed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
John Wick was easily one of my favorite movies last year, one of the few sequels outside of a comic book adaptation that I'd actually want to see.

It's Official: Keanu Reeves to Return for John Wick 2! - ComingSoon.net

Lionsgate has officially confirmed today that it plans to produce a sequel to 2014’s critically-acclaimed revenge thriller John Wick. Keanu Reeves will return as Wick along with directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski and screenwriter, Derek Kolstad. John Wick 2 will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment and will be produced by Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk, who produced the first film.

“With such tremendous fan and critical support for ‘John Wick,’ we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” says Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have re-teamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.”

Produced on a modest $20 million budget, John Wick earned more than $78 million at the worldwide box office.

“In the follow up to last year’s adrenaline-fueled revenge and redemption thriller,” reads the sequel’s temporarily minimal plot synopsis, “legendary hit man John Wick is back.”

Jason Constantine and Eda Kowan at Lionsgate will oversee the project on behalf of the studio. Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Movie is gonna be called John Wick Chapter 2, has a release date set for February 10th 2017.

John Wick 2 Gets 2017 Release Date, New Title | Collider

Information has been trickling in about John Wick 2, the sequel to the surprise action hit that starred Keanu Reeves as a skilled assassin who kills most of the Russian mafia in New York City after some dipshit scion kills the puppy that Wick’s wife left him before she died. We learned early on that a handful of the co-stars from the first film, including John Leguizamo, Ian McShane, Bridget Moynihan, and Lance Reddick of Fringe and The Wire, would be returning to their original roles. Since, the film has added a hefty number of new supporting actors, ranging from Ruby Rose and Laurence Fishburne to Peter Stormare and Common, the latter of which will play one of his main rivals. On top of this, the film is keeping half of its original directing duo, with Chad Stahelski now helming solo, and writer Derek Kolstad returning to pen the sequel.

Now, we’re getting into the more important stuff, such as a new title, release date, and setting. Exhibitor Relations, who report regularly on box office matters, took to Twitter today to say that the sequel, now known as John Wick: Chapter Two, will be released on February 10th, 2017 in theaters nationwide. Beyond that, the film now has a new European place of business, with the tweet announcing that Reeves’ superior hitman will be kicking “Italian ass” in Rome in the upcoming sequel. It’s a nice move, giving the new film a new landscape to investigate, as well as a new place filled with a whole other series of villains to go head-to-head with in hand-to-hand, or bullet-to-bullet, combat. What’s unclear is how the original characters, tied to the New York hotel where Wick and other assassins prefer, will factor into the shift in setting. Time will tell, and we’ve got plenty of time to wait before John Wick: Chapter Two hits the big screen for all to see.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Meh. I cant figure out why people liked this movie so much.
Lots of things I liked about this movie. The action choreography was top notch. I love gun-fu movies and this movie did it great.

I liked a lot of the actors in it also. Keanu, Willam Defoe, Ian Mcshane, and Michael Nyqvist are all actors I usually support and they were all great in it.

The screenwriter in me really likes seeing original movies that aren't based on books, that aren't remakes, and aren't sequels succeed.