John Legend

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 1, 2004
I dont normally listen to R&B, but John Legend is off the hook!! I heard his Live At The Knitting Factory CD about a year ago, and all the ish he's been doing with Kanye, and I liked it. I actually went to the concert he opened for Alicia Keys up in Reno with my girl. She loves his CD to death....

I hope he gets big because he is one of the only few R&B artists right now, male or female, that is actually talented (singer/songwriter/musician)

Aug 8, 2004
my chick won tickets to see him in Monterey, CA a few months back. THis was a month or so before his album dropped. i wasn't too sure about dude at first, cuz I don't really bump that type of music. But I'm glad I was able to see him, cuz dude is Tight. The concert was perfect too. The only way to get in was to win tickets from this radio station, so it was a small audience of about 100 people or so. and he came out & sat right there at the piano & performed for like an hour straight. no band, no backup, just him....dude was playing the piano & singin & shit...he's a throwback type artist. not too many cat's out right now who are as musically talented as him....good shit man.

Mar 1, 2004
^^
That's the type of John Legend concert my girl and I are hoping to see. The one he opened for Alicia Keys, there was a band, backup singers, and a DJ. Shit was tight, but after hearing the Live At The Knitting Factory, I know dude has skills, and actually wouldn't mind a concert like the one you went to.

MOSA

Sicc OG
May 18, 2002
YES, DUDE IS MADE TALENTED...I WENT TO THE ALICIA KEYS CONCERT HER IN VEGAS LIKE A WEEK AGO AND DUDE SUNG HIS ASS OFF...I WASN'T SURE ABOUT HOW HYPE A CONCERT COULD BE WITH A KEYBOARD BUT DUDE GOT DOWN ..WENT AND BOUGHT HIS SHIT THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!! :cool:

Nov 28, 2003
GAMETIGHT408 said:
I dont normally listen to R&B, but John Legend is off the hook!! I heard his Live At The Knitting Factory CD about a year ago, and all the ish he's been doing with Kanye, and I liked it. I actually went to the concert he opened for Alicia Keys up in Reno with my girl. She loves his CD to death....

I hope he gets big because he is one of the only few R&B artists right now, male or female, that is actually talented (singer/songwriter/musician)
believe he's big already, at least as famous as a TQ already, I mean he gets mad airplay here... in Germany, know what I mean?

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
TOKZTLI said:
Is that new CD any good? That single gets locked in my brain when the video comes on.
THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW ALSO. JOHN LEGEND HAS BEEN ON A FEW PROJECTS. JOHN LEGEND PLAYED ON LAUREN HILL CD.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
TOKZTLI said:
Is that new CD any good? That single gets locked in my brain when the video comes on.

The cd is good but do not compare it to the first. You wont find songs with an up tempo beat like GET LIFTED. This time around he took more of a laid back chillin with your girl sippin some wine music. This is what you would put on in a romantic setting.