Joell Ortiz ft. Bun B, Novel & Tech N9ne - "Night Train"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
http://www.prefixmag.com/media/joell-ortiz/night-train-f-novel-bun-b-tech-n9ne-remix/54724/
Although he's currently in the midst of prepping his latest mixtape, Joell Ortiz apparently wanted to revisit a track he randomly released last November. The prior version of "Night Train" featured the Brooklyn MC working with frequent collaborator Novel, who appears on the hook. And for the remix, Ortiz has reached out to Bun B and Tech N9ne, who, like their host, keep it relatively subdued on this smooth blue-collar anthem. It's likely that we'll be hearing this on Ortiz's forthcoming The Life And Times Of Sebastian Rios mixtape. And I write that because this is way too good to be a "loose track" that ends up lost in your download folder. Hell, this is more album material than mixtape material. But considering the bullshit Ortiz faced in releasing Free Agent, I don't blame him for dropping his best tracks on his own terms.
Visit the page to stream said track. I'm not sure that I would call this a "remix." I haven't heard the version that Joell leaked last year, I guess if it was a "full solo version" then this may actually be a "remix." However, we know that this was recorded in late '09/early '10 I believe it was, and was intended for Free Agent. Glad to see it let loose, and I agree with the article that I'd like to see this on the mixtape just for the sake of being "released."

Certainly not what I was expecting based on the title or features. Way more laid back than I would've guessed this would be. Not too bad, and goes to show Tech's ability to blend in with other styles than what he normally does.