Jobs ???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2006
does anyone know at what times do they usually call u to schedule an interview....cus i already turn in hella applications for hella diferent jobs and them modafuckas dont be callin......but chea, does anyone know what times do they usuall call u, mornin, afternoon????

Jul 4, 2002
all different times....when they feel like it.................when i have applied for jobs, i always call starting about 3 days after i turn in the app, especialy if the position was advertised, like in the paper or something...........just call and say this "hi my name is townbizz900 and i would like to speak with the hiring manager in regards to an app i recently put it"...........they will prolly say the person is unavailable, then just leave your name, number and the position you applied for and tell they to have the manager give you a call back...thanks

Dec 25, 2003
Listen carefully my son. I have probably 4-5 years of experience with entry-level work.

YOU have to call THEM.

Fuck waiting for them to call you.

Call and say this "Hi, is a manager in right now?"

When they transfer you, (most people won't ask why), say something like
"Hello sir/miss this is Emma Markell and I was calling to check on an application I filled out. Is the position still open? Do you have anything else available?"

Sometimes they will say "No, Thank you" or some shit. In that case, check back in three weeks.

Or they will say some shit like "You know I'm a bit busy right now" or "Call tomorrow when so-and-so is in." What they are doing is testing how hungry you are for the job (and also if you have the ability to follow through on shit).

With most entry-level jobs, (retail, warehouse, security, driver, construction) they won't call you. *You* have to call them. They don't usually check every application carefully and decide. They wait for someone to come in, turn in an application, and BUG the fuck out of them until they get an interview. 90% of submitted applkications are tossed in a pile or a box and never read by anyone. Don't think because you filled out a name and address your application will sparkle and shine in the eyes of a lazy, bored supervisor or manager making 15 dollars an hour.

Be presistent, bug them until you get an interview, and shit will go your way. To turn in an application without a trump tight resume and walk away expecting to hear a phone ring is not the way to go about it. That will probably happen abput 1% of the time.

If you are interviewing for a medium to high level position such as management, positions requiring alot of experience, credentials, degrees etc., the impetus will lie a bit more on the employer as they need you instead of you needing them. It helps to sometimes check with an office or contact a sluggish HR rep, but for the most part, once you have a real resume, a degree, and some experience, interviewing is usually a bit less hectic and demeaning as you have skills they are desirous of.

Dec 25, 2003
Yea, but you will never know unless you get a hold of them at least once after submitting an application.

And they usually call back anytime during the day from about 11 until about 5:30 pm, but I wouldn't count out them calling you at 8:30am or 7pm either.

I recommend coppin a cheap ass answering machine if you worried about missin it.

Aug 13, 2002
yea im unemployed rite now. shit sucks.. i signed with a couple of temp agencys and shit out here in the 209 where i reside. i was in the insurance business and it didnt quite work out for me being a salesman and shit. ive been filing out apps online like crazy but no luck yet.. i just gotta bother the fuck out of these temp agencys so they can hook me up wit a job.. if anyone got any ideas of job hunting please share.. cuz shits gettin stressful.. its all on a bitch.. peace. good luck.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Good advice White Devil. Waiting for a phone call to come in really narrows your chances. Usually they will call you if you are either an outstanding candidate or they really need people fast. If it's some sort of retail place or whatever, show up dressed accordingly with a resume.

Feb 14, 2006
WHITE DEVIL said:
Or they will say some shit like "You know I'm a bit busy right now"
that´s true, they said like that, Said that call again next week
Well, I Still called to different places in week 1 and got an interviewtime
from there.
So, that was the first place´s lost, when they asked to call back in next week :dead: