Jigg City???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2006
What's good folks, so I found out today I got a job in Baton Rouge, so I'm moving down there in a month! I was wondering if someone could lace me with info on good music in that city, and actually any sort of info about the city in general, like clubs, cool spots and what have you.

The only rappers I know about from there are Webbie, Lil Boosie, and Young Bleed so I know that city has a lot of heat for a place that size.... Thanks for your help.

Dec 17, 2005
Max Minelli - My favorite rapper, but I'd recommend you get stuff pre-2004.... his voice and style changed after that, but he's still pretty good. Lay-Lo - Simple & Plain (a duo album with the rapper J-Von) is my favorite Rap CD.

Concentration Camp - Group led by C-Loc, includes Max Minelli and various line-ups over the years. Any Camp CD is good.

Kevin Gates - sick as fuck... I think he might've only started recently, but he's had 3 mixtapes in the last few months that are all tight.

Box - Has one CD called Inboxicated that's pretty good.

Handy - Rap Hustlin.... he sounds sort of similar to Soulja Slim, died in a car crash just before his debut was released.

Lil Cali - from Ponchatoula, but his music sounds pretty much Baton Rouge. All of his CDs are straight.

Savage - A producer for Trill Ent., but he's a good rapper too.

Da GANG - Jiggalaters Vol. 1 - The CD came out in like 2001, but it started the whole Jig movement, so you should probably listen to it.

^^The above isn't really real "Jigg music," or exemplary of it. For groups with more of that sound, check out Down Bad, Thug Brothers, Da Taliban, or the Big Jay - Pyrex Radio Mixtapes. Also, Nussie's really popular right now; he's a weak lyricist, but you know people like him like a Gucci Mane type rapper. He's okay though.

Feb 1, 2006
Max Minelli - My favorite rapper, but I'd recommend you get stuff pre-2004.... his voice and style changed after that, but he's still pretty good. Lay-Lo - Simple & Plain (a duo album with the rapper J-Von) is my favorite Rap CD.

Concentration Camp - Group led by C-Loc, includes Max Minelli and various line-ups over the years. Any Camp CD is good.

Kevin Gates - sick as fuck... I think he might've only started recently, but he's had 3 mixtapes in the last few months that are all tight.

Box - Has one CD called Inboxicated that's pretty good.

Handy - Rap Hustlin.... he sounds sort of similar to Soulja Slim, died in a car crash just before his debut was released.

Lil Cali - from Ponchatoula, but his music sounds pretty much Baton Rouge. All of his CDs are straight.

Savage - A producer for Trill Ent., but he's a good rapper too.

Da GANG - Jiggalaters Vol. 1 - The CD came out in like 2001, but it started the whole Jig movement, so you should probably listen to it.

^^The above isn't really real "Jigg music," or exemplary of it. For groups with more of that sound, check out Down Bad, Thug Brothers, Da Taliban, or the Big Jay - Pyrex Radio Mixtapes. Also, Nussie's really popular right now; he's a weak lyricist, but you know people like him like a Gucci Mane type rapper. He's okay though.

Thanks so much for the facts!!! I saw max minelli on some baton rouge website, but I'll check for his cd's for sure if you say he's legit. One love for the heads up on all that other info, I'll check it out for sure.... keep it coming if y'all have some more good shit.