Jean Grae to Retire?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
It looks like Jean Grae is bidding adieu to the record industry.

In a new blog on her MySpace page, the Brooklyn emcee thanks all of her fans for their support and gives salutations to hip-hop, with a finalizing tone.

“It's been a wonderful and awful journey all at the same time. Mostly leaning towards the wonderful part..lol. Thank you for letting me share what I could with you and sharing yourselves back, as you have really been the reason that I kept on,” she types. “I will always love what I consider to be true hip hop music... from the bottom of my soul. I hope you will continue to distinguish those who are contributors to the evolution of Hip Hop and other black music as both an auditory stimulation and a culture, taking care that they are put in a position to do so.”

She ends the note saying, “Enjoy…see y’all around. It’s been amazing. Thank you again”

Her profile name on MySpace has also been changed to “Jean Grae Saying Peace Out,” and her only remaining profile picture is of her apparently blowing a kiss goodbye.

Jean Grae joined Blacksmith Music, Talib Kweli’s label imprint under Warner Bros, in September 2005. She was set to formally release Jeanius, the heavily-bootlegged and delayed album produced entirely by 9th Wonder, later this year.

----

I hope she's not... She's one of the illest female MC's to have ever touched a mic.

Feb 8, 2003
She tired of the bad business side of thangs. I dont blame her,

quick question

If your boss was fucking with your weekly hours and paycheck, wouldnt you quit your daily job also? well same situation except she has a different job(recording artists).

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Damn, I really need to get on her albums..i've heard many songs of her's and realized she had flows, but I never really took the time to get my hands on her album to really check her out...Im gonna do that this week...any suggestions?

Feb 8, 2003
Damn, I really need to get on her albums..i've heard many songs of her's and realized she had flows, but I never really took the time to get my hands on her album really check her out...Im gonna do that this week...any suggestions?
She dosent have a real solo album out. Only thing thats close to a album was a cd with unreleased songs by her. Sjhe just basically appeared on alot of shit

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
maybe she's just changing her name again......and she does have solo projects, I have one I bought several years ago, and I know she released another one after that

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
She was the only female rapper I would ever want to listen to, not being sexist just she's the only good one IMO. Sucks, does anyone know if she's dropping her album first before she calls it quits?

Feb 8, 2003

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
Jeanius is her best shit ... too bad it got shelved

Jeanius by Jean Grae and 9th Wonder (Audio CD - 2008)
Buy new: $13.98

Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on Jun 3, 2008.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.

whoa i guess theyre dropping it late ... crazy

YMW

Sicc OG
Jan 19, 2006
dats 2 bad if it's true jean was one of my top females mcs out there.been waiting 4 her cd to drop,i could hear spittin of some 9th wonder beats.should b a dope album.