Jay Z - 4:44

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
anyone hear it yet?

heard its supposed to be pretty good.

shoot a player a link cause aint no one got no fucking tidal.
Physical version will have more tracks. I listened last night and thought it was a real solid entry into his catalog. like a 7/10

4:44, JAY-Z's 13th album, dropped on Thursday night. The 10-track record features guest stars Beyoncé, Damian Marley and Frank Ocean, plus an appearance from Jay's mom, Gloria.

Production on the album, meanwhile, is handled solely by No ID. The-Dream and Blue Ivy Carter are also credited with additional vocals.

Samples, meanwhile, include The Alan Parsons Project's “Don’t Let It Show” ("Kill Jay Z), Nina Simone's "Four Women" ("The Story Of O.J."), The Fugees' "Fu-Gee-La” ("Moonlight"), and Sister Nancy's "Bam Bam" ("Bam"). A sample of Stevie Wonder's "Love’s in Need of Some Love Today" also appears on "Smile."

See the full credits for the album below and stream 4:44 on Tidal.

1. "Kill Jay Z"
Producer: No ID
Composer(s): E. Woofson, D. Wilson, A. Parsons, S. Carter

2. "The Story Of O.J."
Composer(s): S. Carter, G. Redd, N. Simone, J. Crosby, D. Wilson

3. "Smile" f. Gloria Carter
Composer(s): S. Carter, S. Wonder, D. Wilson

4. "Caught Their Eyes" f. Frank Ocean
Composer(s): S. Carter, C. Breaux, D. Wilson, R. NEWMAN

5. "4:44"
Composer(s): K. Keeny, D. Wilson, S. Carter
Additional vocals: Kim Burrell

6. "Family Feud"
Composer(s): S. Carter, D. Wilson, E. Clark, B. Knowles
Additional vocals: Beyoncé

7. "Bam" f. Damian Marley
Composer(s): W. Riley, D. Marley, O. Russell, D. Wilson, J. Miller, R. LEWIS, S. Carter

8. "Moonlight"
Composer(s): S. Remi Gibbs, W. Jean, A. MCGRIER, L. Hill, S. Carter, M. Brockert, P. Michel, D. Wilson

9. "Marcy Me"
Composer(s): T. Nash, D. Wilson, S. Carter, J. Cid, T. Brito
Additional vocals: The-Dream

10. "Legacy"
Composer(s): S. Carter, D. Hathaway, E. Howard, D. Wilson
Additional vocals: Blue Ivy Carter
DOWNLOAD: 320 | 320 | 320 | M4A | M4A | M4A | ALAC | ALAC | ALAC

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
I wasnt big on it.... hes a billionaire pushing 50...and this album sounds exactly like that. Some of the bar work was impeccable, but the content was just blah to me

Apr 25, 2002
I think the album surpassed my expectations.

Considering how long Jay has been doing it. And of course it helps when you can afford top notch production. But Jay sounds refreshed on here. Certainly doesnt sound like he is nearing 50.

Good album.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
can't take anything away from Jay as an emcee. He's been able to remain on top of the rap game longer than anyone. That being said...I haven't listened to any of his stuff that wasn't on the radio since I bought the black album when it came out.