Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar - Hood Gone Love It

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 20, 2008
Well, I don't like it, but I guess if the hood loves it, Jay Rock has made his point. I don't see much special here, but I guess that's his point, it's not made for me.

May 7, 2008
i was once told a real musician can entertain anyone from any circle and i believe that so its not because its not made for you...

In the day where artists like Tyler The Creator get on MTV when rapping about raping pregnant women and where Lady GaGa runs around in the craziest get ups the world wants to be wow'd and amazed and the ordinary shit gets left behind...Its probably the main reason an artist like Tech N9ne does get the love he does..he has the ability to pretty much entertain anyone and amaze them doing it... this ordinary shit doesnt cut it and will fade rapidly where an artists like tech only gets stronger in leaps and bounds..

Nov 6, 2005
i was once told a real musician can entertain anyone from any circle and i believe that so its not because its not made for you...

In the day where artists like Tyler The Creator get on MTV when rapping about raping pregnant women and where Lady GaGa runs around in the craziest get ups the world wants to be wow'd and amazed and the ordinary shit gets left behind...Its probably the main reason an artist like Tech N9ne does get the love he does..he has the ability to pretty much entertain anyone and amaze them doing it... this ordinary shit doesnt cut it and will fade rapidly where an artists like tech only gets stronger in leaps and bounds..
Can you remind me of some of your "favorite" artists one more time?

While I agree with the statement partially, I also find it funny of who you seem to have lumped into the said categories(REAL musicians, and GIMMICK musicians). I love Techs music, but would never EVER claim that his music appeals TO EVERYONE. Its just not the case. With that said, I think over the past couple years, the types of fans HAVE started growing, but again he doesnt appeal to each and every person, no artist does. I'm just trying to evaluate your statement in the entire platform you've given it. Especially when you consider what personal assumptions you have made, or regularly post with...

May 7, 2008
I think tech n9ne caters to a larger group of people than most other rappers do and thats because his music is very entertaining. I like a whole bunch of shit from the old days to the new days you could pretty much say i like a bit of everything in all genres but rap/metal being the ones i listen to the most.. But you cant deny that when an artists comes along that stands out you pay more attention.. Ice T did it with his earlier career look at the waves that created < shit look at elvis << look at mr manson .. its happens all the time when something unique and different comes long..

But when i see a rapper making that same ol hood sound i use to listen to way back most of the time i dont even give them a real listen cause ive seen so much of it already its just boring.But alot of people say that with Rock < they say it had its time and its gone and most agree..but i guess it comes down to what ya like i guess..

Tupac
Luniz
Bone Thugs
NWA
Tech N9ne
DMX
Jedi Mind Tricks
Vinnie Paz
Old Snoop Dogg
Nate Dogg
Old Jayz
Fugees

My list goes for miles i got so many cds and so little space haha

May 7, 2008
its not just his dark imagery its his stage performances its his rock image on rap.. i honestly think a metal artists has more chance to like tech than most other rappers out there