Jason Halt- "Just Defying Hatred"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Jason Haft- "Just Defying Hatred"

My Unbiased review of Jason Haft- "Just Defying Hatred" .................5 point scale

· Intro- 4/5, Jason spits a clean verse to prepare listeners for what lies ahead. And that’s Heat, Lyrics, and original Beats! And waste no time going into the next song

· Cross me- 4/5, Paints an abstract picture of just who the hell Jason Haft is and talking hella shit about what he sees. This guy knows how to make beats that compliment his style of rapping. And his metaphors are original and clever. I can easily get into this track

· Living for the Lust- 3/5, This player talking shit about a bitch, tight song and I like the way he goes into the intro of the next song (sorry Lindsay, I had to cover me ears for the last 15 seconds or so)

· The Greed of Truth-5/5, Starts off with a slow playing, dark sounding piano solo, which then becomes part of the melody, and rips an very abstract verse, talking about real reality shit, about how he learned to do business by watching others. And you'll notice that most his lyrics are abstract which is part of what makes him different than most Bay rappers.

· Just Defying Hatred-4/5, Reppin Westside Union City to the fullest "... but not everyone it." Basically separating himself from the rest of the people that occupy Union City and letting fooz know just what he's about and what he's done, Tight production overall

· Going Out Tonight Feat. Lindsay & Lil Coner- 4/5, Jason makes a tight, slummpin club type beat, something that you can turn up and knock hella HARD. Lindsay sings the chorus and spits a verse and Lil Coner comes sick wit it too, Look out for his album on "Connected inc/Starz the Limit" Executively produced by Jason Haft himself

· Another Argument feat- Deviah 5/5, This song belongs on the radio and that’s that! Sampled Wu Tangs "Can it be all so Simple" Deviah does her R&b thing and Jason finishes it off with a verse

· Envelope feat Lindsay- 3/5, Basically an Abstract type of letter written to his fiance; this man shows us the other side of him and expresses his thoughts and feelings and displays his topic versatily skillz.

· Rush feat Lindsay- 3/5, Topic: Fucking Sluts, getting BJ's, Female Pimpin Niggaz, Drinking and getting weeded in the club. Cool beat and Jason coming with another tight verse, changing up his style once again, and then hits you with the next song...

· In God's Hands- 5/5, Damn, when you first here this, it comes at you like a curve ball. You’ll never would of expected this one to be as HEATED as it is. Lyrics and delivery is top notch, and the beat is hard. This guy is talking about religion, written lies, the hidden truth. Basically taking his own stand on what his beliefs are. I can feel him on this track. One of those tracks that stay on repeat mode.

· Open Position feat Lindsay- 4/5, Pimpin ass track both come tight, spittin clever verses talking about what they do to get their pimp on.

· Staring Contest 4/5- One of my favorite tracks, Jason slows it up and raps about God and his Laws. After listening to this point of the album, you get a good perspective of this man's life.

· Tinikling - a tribute to his fellow people, not a song really

· Remember That- 4/5, Talking about some fooz in the Une that were so-called homies, most people can relate to this song and once again got a tight beat with a nice melody, not sure if it was sampled or not, but its tight anyway. Has a good Hip/Hop feel to it, which once again shows his versatily of beats and lyrics

· Placing Blame *bonus track- 3/5, This track got a rock/alternative beat to it, Talking about relationships and the conflicts that are involved, all come with clean verses, and a nice way to end the album...

Summery: A definite A+ effort on the part of Jason Haft. All being done on a computer program. But believe me, it doesn’t sound like no poor quality shit either. The sound is crispy clean. This album got it all, RnB, Jazz, Rock, Rap...As far as being a Bay album, its stands on it own, cus it don't sound like that typical Bay shit that’s out there. It got a more universal feel to it, because of the clever sampling used, but it still has a hard edge Bay sound to it. He tried to reach out to more than just the loyal Bay listeners on this and it shows, there’s no shoot em up, i'ma spilt yo dome type shit on it either. Just truthful lyrics and subjects. Yall should definitely swoop this up, you probably heard this same line from different people trying to promote their album on the Siccness, but I promise you'll be impressed, and me being one of the loyal Bay Area listeners, I don’t like most shit that’s out cus I’m picky, but this one is worth it.
AVALIBLE AT SAN LEANDRO RASPUTAN'S

OR

Ordering info: http://www.pinoymall.com/showproduct.asp?psku=JDHCD01

Aug 28, 2002
The whole album was sick as fuck & that bonus track was dope as fuck, i was feelin the whole album... And Going Out Tonight Feat. Lindsay & Lil Coner was one of the sickest songs on there, i was definatly feelin what Lindsay was doin, and Jasons verse was solid as hell... Overall the album gets a 8/10, its DEFINATLY worth the money!!