jake's "what genre is this?" a day thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2006
lol is this for informational purposes or fun purposes?

answer for anything you're gonna say: Alternative

by the way, i'm really feeling that Marco Polo - Port Authority album

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Jake said:
...minus the bear
They fall under the "awesome" sub genre of rock.

No but really Minus the Bear is one of those hard to place type of bands. I guess I would consider them a mix of Indie and Math Rock.

You digging them Jake? All their stuff is great.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
They fall under the "awesome" sub genre of rock.

No but really Minus the Bear is one of those hard to place type of bands. I guess I would consider them a mix of Indie and Math Rock.

You digging them Jake? All their stuff is great.
yeah,was listening to highly refined pirates all day...like you said,all their shit is good,havent heard anything from them i havent liked

they also have the greatest song titles in music history

math rock huh? theres another new one i havent heard,haha

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm not really that educated on the more "metal" genres but I would consider Katatonia Alternative/Doom/Gothic metal. Not so much Doom anymore as they were on their older stuff though. But like most good bands they incorperate other genres of rock into their music. The Great Cold Distance is such a great fucking album.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
The Great Cold Distance is such a great fucking album.
amen

couple more for you guys

every time i die (post hardcore?)
between the buried and me (post hardcore?)
kaddisfly
bear vs shark
bayside

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Jake said:
every time i die - Never really listened to them so don't know

between the buried and me - Ummm they are pretty all over the place, I'd say Metalcore base with elements of Math, Experimental and Progressive
mixed in. One of my favorite bands.

kaddisfly - Alternative/Progressive

bear vs shark - Straight up Post-Hardcore. Right Now, You're in the Best of Hands... is such a good album.

bayside - From what I've heard of them I'd say Alternative/Indie. RJ prob has a much better idea then me though.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
took you long enough,went like 5 posts without a wiki link,thought you were losing your touch

but that was actually very helpful,made sense when explained in terms of beats and meters...actually something of substance instead of just an opinion

Feb 17, 2006
shit, i'm already confused.

i've listened to most of these bands at one time or another because my sister likes all of them and i probably bought her the CDs, but i can't take all these genres...this is wicked, man