IZ IT JUST ME...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 7, 2005
IS IT JUST ME OR IS THERE NOTHIN BUT BULLSHIT ON THE RADIO... SHIT ON DA RADIO NOWADAYS IS LOOKIN LIKE IT WAS MEANT 4 MUPHUKKAZ WHO DONT KNOW SHIT BOUT MUSIC...
AM I CRAZY OR HAS SELLIN UR SOUL FOR A PLATIMUN SINGLE BECOME THE LATEST TREND?

JUST THOT ID PUT IT OUT THERE....

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I completely agree. I've been sayin' it for years though... I hate the fuckin' radio... and television as far as that goes. Why you think the music industry is takin' such a big dump lately? Aint no record lables makin' no money on todays music and it aint having but little to do w/ illegal downloading since now just about every downlaoding site charges a fee to d/l shit anyways...that's a bunch of shit... its cuz of the "garbage artists" they give air play these days... its absolutely insane. I aint ever bought no fuckin' Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears album... why would I... they fuckin' suck... but yet they are the ones being played over and over and over and over and over and over again on the damn radio. Its bullshit. Now that one of kind Tech N9ne... see he's the one that should be put on repeat... given air play and the whole N9ne yards... but the music industry is a bunch of crock... that's why this year overall, all record labels decreased in making record sales. Nobody wants to buy the garbage these wack ass artists are puttin' out... we want some "real" shit... ya heard? Its my dream to someday change this... but for now its not about the listeners and what they wanna hear... its all about the industry and what they wanna risk. I say fuck em... Imma stick to the underground shit... that's where its at anyways. FTI... for real!

Dec 9, 2005
I think you're forgetting that radio is a business...and like all businesses their main objective is CAPITAL !!

They're gonna do what makes them the most money...and thats that...

BTW IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO HEAR QUALITY MUSIC ON THE RADIO...YOU'RE LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACE ANYWAYS !!

Oct 7, 2005
SRD420 said:
I completely agree. I've been sayin' it for years though... I hate the fuckin' radio... and television as far as that goes. Why you think the music industry is takin' such a big dump lately? Aint no record lables makin' no money on todays music and it aint having but little to do w/ illegal downloading since now just about every downlaoding site charges a fee to d/l shit anyways...that's a bunch of shit...
illegal downloads are still apart of it... kazaa, lime wire, and my personal fav... TORRENTS!!!

but truth is it takes a big label with big money to get a song on the radio cuz nowadays its all about payola... these labels pay to get their music on regular rotation which is why we here the same crap over and over and over and over... radio stations dont care about breakin records or helpin new/local artists because theres no money in it. music a business and money is and always be the bottom line. what bothers me is not that the same crap gets played every 15 minutes, but that artists are following the same trend to just get on the radio. i cant hate a nigga for doin a club song or a radio song to get the spins and exposure, but when muthafukkaz sell out their original fanbase and start makin noting but commercial crap, thats when it gets to me. take a look at fat joe. his last album was all soft, clubby trax bout hoes. aint but like one or 2 hard, gangsta trax on there. he sold out all the way... then u got these lame fuks like ying yang twinz that do nothing but soft bouncy club music... they get a club hit and all these other hungry rappers go holla @ lil jon to do the same thing... so u end up with the same type of shit all over the airwaves... its sad as fuk

May 12, 2004
yea the radio been like that. its sad for real cause most of the people that listen to radio and watch mtv/bet think thats the truth! its like damn! what the fuck is you thinkin

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
MOREBASS said:
I think you're forgetting that radio is a business...and like all businesses their main objective is CAPITAL !!

They're gonna do what makes them the most money...and thats that...

BTW IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO HEAR QUALITY MUSIC ON THE RADIO...YOU'RE LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACE ANYWAYS !!
I completely understand the business aspect of it... I know what they are "trying" to do, but what I'm trying to say is that its not working. This last year, the music industry has taken a decreasing slope in record sales overall... meaning ppl aren't buying the garbage they're hearing on the GOT DAMN radio because well... its fuckin' garbage and nobody is gonna spend their money on wack ass music.... none the less listen to it on the radio. They can keep using the tactics they are using but, I believe the music industry is gonna hit rock bottom here in the future if they keep doin' what they're doing. Record sales will continue to slope as long as they keep putting all their effort and money into these bubble gum bands and washed up artists that aint been doin' shit and never will do shit. I read an interesting article on some major record lables that took a fall this year in their sales, some of which have continued to fall from the year before... you guys should check it out... it was in the last Rolling Stone Magazine... the one w/ Kanye West on the cover.... some pretty interesting stuff. Think back in the days... back in the days of Dr. Dre, Pac and Biggie, fuck... even the Slim Shady/Eminem days... the music industry was bankin' off these muthafuckaz... big time... back in the days when good music SOLD right off the shelf... you don't see that happenin' these days do ya? Na, me niether... and I aint gotta wonder why... cuz I already know.

You say they are gonna do what makes them the most money... well they better start listenin' to the ppl that make they're money... which is US... the consumer, the buyer, the fan base... because without us... they've got nothin'. WE, the listenters, are what makes this BUSINESS possible...

Oct 10, 2004
www.myspace.com
SRD420 said:
I completely understand the business aspect of it... I know what they are "trying" to do, but what I'm trying to say is that its not working. This last year, the music industry has taken a decreasing slope in record sales overall... meaning ppl aren't buying the garbage they're hearing on the GOT DAMN radio because well... its fuckin' garbage and nobody is gonna spend their money on wack ass music.... none the less listen to it on the radio. They can keep using the tactics they are using but, I believe the music industry is gonna hit rock bottom here in the future if they keep doin' what they're doing. Record sales will continue to slope as long as they keep putting all their effort and money into these bubble gum bands and washed up artists that aint been doin' shit and never will do shit. I read an interesting article on some major record lables that took a fall this year in their sales, some of which have continued to fall from the year before... you guys should check it out... it was in the last Rolling Stone Magazine... the one w/ Kanye West on the cover.... some pretty interesting stuff. Think back in the days... back in the days of Dr. Dre, Pac and Biggie, fuck... even the Slim Shady/Eminem days... the music industry was bankin' off these muthafuckaz... big time... back in the days when good music SOLD right off the shelf... you don't see that happenin' these days do ya? Na, me niether... and I aint gotta wonder why... cuz I already know.

You say they are gonna do what makes them the most money... well they better start listenin' to the ppl that make they're money... which is US... the consumer, the buyer, the fan base... because without us... they've got nothin'. WE, the listenters, are what makes this BUSINESS possible...
srd what up girl dis yo dadee... Big Dadee to be exact..

Oct 7, 2005
i hate to say it but thats why i dont buy music anymore... the majors aint puttin out nothin but crap (with a few rare exceptions) and that real raw shit is independant and usually so underground i cant find it. how tha fuck im sposed 2 find niggaz like a-wax n first degree from northern cali when im in fuckin miami? and even then, its hard to find joints like that to download...

the rap game passed its peak and is gonna slowly start declining as far as sales... and at the same time the industry is gonna start hurtin real bad cuz with the age of mp3 and high speed internet people are slowly gonna stop buyin cds over time. specially since its real hard to find a good album nowadays, even tight niggaz be droppin albums that got 3-6 trax that are bullshit, so why would anyone buy a whole cd and pay damn near 20 when u can download the 5 or 6 good songs for a buck a peice... or do like me and find the torrent and get the whole joint for free without leavin the house.

the music industry, and in part the artists, have gotten way too comfortable over the last decade... in the days b4 cable tv, mega malls, best buy and cd players, arists had to go on the road and do shows to pay tha bills... now muthafukkaz cut an album, hand it over to the label and let the labels employees do all the work, and the label ceo and mc butfukk can sit back and make money... all that shit is about to end and muthaphukkaz are runnin scared tryin to figure out what they gonna do.

the riaa made a big deal about napster years ago and they went and shut napster down but the downloading continued... these muthafukkaz need to realize that the game is changing and theres nothing they can do, which is also part of the reason they are riding every trend and anything thats poular to death nowadays cuz they tryin to make every dollar they can b4 the end comes.

i say fuck em all... niggaz got spoiled in this game, artists and execs. niggaz all want the platinum money... millions and shit... but an underground/independant artist can make over 100 thou an album just with 50-100 thousand units without a major label or major distribution. it dont happen overnight but thats how niggaz need to start thinking cuz the majors arent gonna be able to last in this new digital world... i dont know how much yall make but if i could make 100 grand or more a cd and drop at least one cd a year then i'd be livin pretty good. a bently and a mansion is nice but id be happy with a nice crib payed off and a new car with no car note, feel me? but nah, niggaz always want the new hot shit cuz they got to keep up with the joneses. and that goes back to alot of these fat joe ass sellouts on tha radio... they could have been makin cadillac money and kept it gangsta and been livin plush but they wanted maybach money so they had to get commercial. greed is a bitch

and as far as the radio, radio used to be the only way to hear music. but now with illegal downloads, legal downloads, amazon.com, satellite radio and music mega stores people who want to hear music can go out and find the stuff they want to hear real eazy... so radio nowadays is mostly for people who arent really music fans who just want something playing in the background... or for people who arent into a specific kind of music, they like a lil of everything so they listen to radio and just keep scannin thru stations. real music fans know better so real music fans dont waste their time with music aimed at radio listeners cuz radio listeners arent real music fans and the labels kno this so the labels only throw trendy jiggy pop bubblegum bullshit at the people who listen to radio cuz the people that listen to radio dont know better. but we do so we say fuck em all