Its 2009, what is the "KC" sound...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
So, Kc has gone through some stages, Tech N9ne, Rich The Factor, Fat Tone, Etc..... Right now, in July 2009, who or what is repping the town for us ..... What is the outside preception of OUR town...

Jul 1, 2004
There isnt a DISTINCT sound in KC. Theres many reppin the town but not a whole lot gettin the exposure they deserve.

Its been said before but I'll say it again... If your OWN local radio station wont play you, why would, say...Houston, New York, Oakland, ect...?

May 2, 2002
There isnt a DISTINCT sound in KC. Theres many reppin the town but not a whole lot gettin the exposure they deserve.

Its been said before but I'll say it again... If your OWN local radio station wont play you, why would, say...Houston, New York, Oakland, ect...?
100% AGREE

Also, there aren't a lot of outlets as far as gettin' your music played. Aside from Hot 103 (Underground Heat) and 90.1 KKFI (The Wire), you aren't left with much.

I doubt 95.7 or 96.5 would even entertain the thought of playin' local rap music. The program directors might laugh in your face. If you aren't Soulja Boy Tellem, Lil Wayne, or T.I., you can rest assured your music won't get played.

Not sayin' we should just settle with the two outlets we do have, however we could do a lot more with them.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
Alright I feel you on the radio play exposure etc... But even with out that there is an underlying theme that goes through out the city.. When you are at party .. Gas station.. What songs you hear, who are people talking about.. Or is there that big of a void?..

May 2, 2002
RICH/MFR
BLOCK LIFE
D-LOCC THA CHOP/VAN BRUNT ENT.

IT'D BE TIGHT TO HEAR PITTSBURGH PHILTHY OR TUT-C GET RADIO PLAY. HAVEN'T HEARD TOO MUCH FROM KUTT CALHOUN. SOME NEW GRANT RICE/EMPIRE WOULD BE COOL TOO.

Sep 12, 2005
RICH/MFR
BLOCK LIFE
D-LOCC THA CHOP/VAN BRUNT ENT.

IT'D BE TIGHT TO HEAR PITTSBURGH PHILTHY OR TUT-C GET RADIO PLAY. HAVEN'T HEARD TOO MUCH FROM KUTT CALHOUN. SOME NEW GRANT RICE/EMPIRE WOULD BE COOL TOO.
So would we. LOL - This is Pittsburgh Philthy I be posting under Tut-C sometimes because i got banned. To Much Promotion. lol I cant help it I'm a Gritter!!!!

But yeah we knokcin these singles out now to go bang on they door...

Its alil harder when u not trying to buy the town. Tut-C & I are not tryna Buy the towns luv and appreciation for our craft. So we gotta start from the ground up.

if u pm me our give me ur email I'll send u Tut-C's new mixtape " I Am Dope " & my latest one Pittsburgh Philthy " Where's The Luv @? Ain't None " free asap!!!!

Nov 13, 2004
Who knows?? Seems like the town will never get a break. Tech and Rich are both dam near 20YEARS DEEP and still...nothing (so to speak) Go figure??? Hope SOMEBODY blows up!! I dont care who...just somebody.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
KCK and KCMO are very diffrent sounds... and im not really talikng about whos going to blow up.. just whats the soundtrack to our area... maybe its not a local act... cause mid 90's it was NO LIMIT... and when TOTAL RECALL / SNAKE EYES hit they were pretty much it... id just like to see some one with a voice... consitinaly come out with records and draw my attention into it.... looking forward to some new music