is the term wigger offensive?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

is the word "wigger" offensive to black people

• naw homie

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • yea homie

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • not really sure, i'm a white boy

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Oct 17, 2002
www.mcradiation.com
i have heard people say that the term "wigger" as in white people who act like they are black (fubu, etc) was offensive because of what it rhymes with. i really dont know, being white myself.
does anybody know more about the roots of this word/and comments on whether or not its offensive to black people?

Sep 4, 2002
Now when i say this i mean No disrespect. But is i came out with a Televison channel called WET(white entertaiment Televison) people would Flip, but i think its time we change that word around, because black people did, why cant we?

Nov 30, 2002
MrFedEx503 said:
Now when i say this i mean No disrespect. But is i came out with a Televison channel called WET(white entertaiment Televison) people would Flip, but i think its time we change that word around, because black people did, why cant we?
true... i feel what you're sayin... no disrespect meant from that statement at all...

i voted no... cuz if anyone wants to call me a wigger... i think its hilarious... even if someone who isnt white does... its just comedy

pz

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2002
I don't find it to be offensive but I think the hole wigger, nigger terms should just be eliminated from every1's vocab.

May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
If someone called me a wigger I might take offense to it for the fact that you're saying I'm trying to be something that I'm not. I do me, and therefore I'm not trying to be something that I'm not. ya feel me?? But until I'm made of money, I got other things to worry about.....

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
MrFedEx503 said:
every channel is WET but you don't notice it because you are white and do not understand the concept of white privledge.

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
yea you have the right to not even notice that every channel on the television is full of white people and then you have the audacity to make a snyde remark about BET. open your eyes buddy.....seriously. start paying attention to your surroundings a bit and you'll see that i'm right.