is seattle a joke?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2004
xpanther206 said:
(i.e. the city I am in now, Minneapolis)
Southside Minneapolis is no fuckin joke...i lived there for about 6 months when i was a kid...run down ass neighborhhods lookin more like the Southside of Chicago...

It is an area thing...i think Seattle has more middle to upper middle class neighborhoods than lower middle class.....yeah we got some rough parts...and yes...we got some nice parts....like Bammer said...in West Seattle...you can be livin across the street from a crack house...and then drive 5 blocks and be by a million dollar home...

Apr 25, 2002
Jae Reekay said:
Southside Minneapolis is no fuckin joke...i lived there for about 6 months when i was a kid...run down ass neighborhhods lookin more like the Southside of Chicago...
That is the nicer half of the city. North Minneapolis = much worse. Coming here (and Midwest in general) did kind of make me think SEA wasn't quite as hard as I used to think it was.

And on page 4 Shasta was gettin at something when talkin about the way Seattleites want the city to be perceived. MPLS is perfect example, if you ask the average middle-upper class white resident they will tell you the Twin Cities doesn't have a ghetto. That's BULLSHIT It's as if the presence of a ghetto somehow reflects bad or racist behaviors or policies by them in the past, so the TC residents are types who try to hide it.

But like I said earlier, it's all about the music and in that department Seattle FAR surpasses this area (where there is 1 album I can bump, guy by the name of Sandman who is fuckin awesome).

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
APG360 said:
STREET LEVEL IS A JOKE!

Just wondering why you say that? Is it because they are acctually releasing...real records.. and supporting Seattle and NW rap/hip-hop. What have you released that is in a store Peru (outside of the small city of Kelso)? I don't have any problems with you and while I do feel SLR music I am not a huge fan. But just wondering why you said that.

Nuttkace

Oct 26, 2004
SLR IS A WHATT?

E'fect said:
SLR IS A JOKE

It would take you to meet some of them to not say that. I don't know the whole SLR members, while I am aquainted with a few. YOUR A JOKE!

Get your mind right and show me some Records you have produced, and performed. Quit being a hater, be a congratulator. That is what is wrong with humans today. People always want to talk about a mUt*** I condone all of the Artist for there originality and their progress. Now a days everyone wants to be a rappa but only a few stay strong to the game!

Apr 25, 2002
Jae Reekay said:
Shit,not our neighborhood!We had the worst apartment ive seen in awhile!!!Dirty ass streets too...jesus christ...
You must've been near the Lake & Chicago area, I was just down there today it's pretty rough, old, dirty. But trust me the Northside is worse.

Aug 20, 2004
xpanther206 said:
You must've been near the Lake & Chicago area, I was just down there today it's pretty rough, old, dirty. But trust me the Northside is worse.
Yeah...we were right by the lake...which you would think would be pleasent...i guess easier to dump bodies in...LOL...

Aug 23, 2004
fuck all of this has just made stl look rediculus. all i wanted to see what people would do/ say to what i had to say. i wanted to here what seattle was like from other point of views and hear there perspective of how" gangster" it is. okay i guess ive come to the conclusion that genreally seattle is a nice city but it has many ghetto ass neighborhoods. so why dosent everyone stop talkng shit about stl and fucking relax. DELEATE THIS POST SO PEOPLE WILL CALM THE FUCK DOWNNNNNNN.

PEACE