Is it better to buy website beats than to start from scratch?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2008
I myself like the ritual of making the beat with the producer while in the studio...but sometimes you are just going with what is created at the "moment" and you work around it as long as your feeling it Of course there is the alternative...you can go to a beat site and buy a non "exclusive" or "exclusive" beat to meet whatever it is you are thinking about at that given time. Seems way more time efficient and you can get a separated beat so you can arrange (add or subtract instruments) the song however you want. What I have noticed is that there are a lot of clean sounds off these sites to work with so the person mixing it shouldn't have to much of a problem tutoring the sound...I'm not sure if these beats are prearranged as far as the "panning" of the sound position. I might mix web beats with producer beats to round off an album...any thoughts on these two processes weighted against each other from a personal experience?

Mar 18, 2008
Yeah...I'm just trippin because music has it's "evolution" or "advancements" that sometimes make methods previously used archaic...from vinyl, to 8 track tapes, to cassette, to cd to mp3, file share etc. Soft ware studios replacing outboard gear...now this web beat thing. It seems to me if you are a current beat maker you will have to start doing what rappers have already been doing and that is to diversify your approach...creat similar platforms to make your beats available but ALSO create a business platform that includes other producers who are new in the game to add to your catalog so they can get exposure...or maybe not go that far...just submit your beats to the already established beat site and let the purchasers find you. I'm just thinking out the top of my head...I'm not a producer so I might be sayin shit that EVERYBODY is well aware of.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I create midi's that they use in key generators so it wouldn't be that much of a leap to start selling rapper type beats too.

this is my latest beat