is an MPC2000xl neccessary?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
It is by no means necessary.
The only reason for you to get one is if you would be more productive working in the mpc enviroment. If you're comfortable with the triton, stick with it! If you hate programming drums using a keyboard, you can buy the akai mpd-16, which is a midi controller with the pads from the mpc.

-=bumpus=-

Apr 25, 2002
MPC's arn't a necessity at all. They're becoming more & more obsolete if you want to know the truth. The most common pro-MPC argument I hear is people claiming drums crack tougher on an MPC than anything else. The only people who say that are the ones who don't know how to make drums crack in the first place. 100% silly.

The MPC is basically just a midi-sequencer with a limited built-in sampler. If you have a Triton you have practically NO USE for an MPC. Buy more ram for your Triton and start dumping custom sounds into that instead. Then spend that MPC money on something usefull for you like a rack module you can plug into your Triton.

Dec 24, 2002
Advanced MPC User!

this machine is not for the average wanna make beats ass dude....like sick wid it said the machine is somewhat obsolete.....i would say you have better programming control on the MPC (i am also a triton owner too) if you are a man who like to use a lot of the triton's sounds the MPC will not really do you much good but if you love to work with samples i don't know of any better hardware to use.......the MPC is really a MIDI PRODUCTION CENTER....you can midi your modules to the mpc....unless you have a laptop or something like that....you couldn't be more mobile........the MPC-1000 might be more your speed(which is more mobile than the 2000.......so i would say it all depends on what kind of producer you are......are you like neptunes,timbaland....or are you like pete rock or primo(both mpc users).....i think if you would ask kanye west,just blaze,battlecat,dj quik, dr. dre,heatmakerz,primo,pete rock,jay dilla(all mpc users) which would they rather you take away while they make tracks out of a keyboard/module or their MPC....i think they would pick the board..because they can pick up any board with midi and make it work with the MPC..........thatz just what i think!

May 7, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
MPC's arn't a necessity at all. They're becoming more & more obsolete if you want to know the truth. The most common pro-MPC argument I hear is people claiming drums crack tougher on an MPC than anything else. The only people who say that are the ones who don't know how to make drums crack in the first place. 100% silly.

The MPC is basically just a midi-sequencer with a limited built-in sampler. If you have a Triton you have practically NO USE for an MPC. Buy more ram for your Triton and start dumping custom sounds into that instead. Then spend that MPC money on something usefull for you like a rack module you can plug into your Triton.
I agree 200% The pads are sweet though....Beats cracking a key.... The response of the pads is dope too. They have a midi pad usb compatible for around $200-300.

Aug 12, 2002
DarkSide Record said:
Doesn't it have more sampling features though? Like compared to a Triton Sampler
No... The mpc's sampler is VERY limited. The Triton's sampler is pretty decent from what I've seen.

-=bumpus=-