IPOD Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

skitz

Sicc OG
May 9, 2002
I got a 80g Ipod classic. Is there anyway I could transfer the songs I have on the ipod to another computer? My old computer broke so I got a new one. I don't have the back up disc or anything, just have the ipod.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah you can

you gotta dl this program though

my boy did it with his ipod when he got a new computer... he had to pay like 20 bucks to d/l the program though

I forget what it's called... if I find out I'll post it in here

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Not sure about which types this works with, but works on mine. Just set your comp so you can see hidden folders. Then go to computer>"your ipod drive">ipod control>music> and copy all those folders (or probably the files in each folder) to anywhere you want the music to be like your other ipod.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Not sure about which types this works with, but works on mine. Just set your comp so you can see hidden folders. Then go to computer>"your ipod drive">ipod control>music> and copy all those folders (or probably the files in each folder) to anywhere you want the music to be like your other ipod.
That works for all ipods but all the files have some crazy names and it is stored in a bunch of different folders. The good thing is they keep the tags so it will show up fine in itunes. I am sure you can find a free program to do transfer the files from your ipod to computer you just have to search.

skitz

Sicc OG
May 9, 2002
Any of these programs safe? downloading anyone of them isn't gunna mess with my computer right? I just wanna try to avoid downloading programs thats gunna slow up my computer or give me spyware. I'll take a look at the ones you guys suggested. thanks