ipod/itunes podcast question!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2005
i was wondering how to add podcasts in itunes WITHOUT actually subscribing. i DLed those 'bomb bay radio' and 'westside hype' hour long shows off of links that i found from the BART forum (links originally from westcoasttrydaz). but i noticed i can't just add them to the podcast section of itunes, it goes to the library automatically. is there a way to just add it in the podcast section so when i play it in my ipod, i can easily go to it by selecting podcast instead of going through the music section???

thankss

Dec 3, 2005
what i do is i just open the mp3 file and save it as an mp3 then it acts just like a song youve saved to your computer so u dont have to subscribe to the xml feed

also if u into podcasts homie, check out our site podcasterworld.com and make sure u check The Blymm Show, definately some crazy shit wit some dope music as well as The Dugless Show. or if you or anyone u know is interested in doin they own shit, whatever it is, we host for free to so check it out!

Dec 3, 2005
well check our shit out then!

homie: http://www.podcasterworld.com/Display.php?ID=649

go here. all our shows are on there. thats the link to The Blymm Show 7.5 but if you scroll down there are at least 20 or more of Stressed Out Radio podcasts and we keep em comin bout 4 a month or so. our site will be redesigned very soon with full functionality and a better directory function and tons more!! but check out our podcasts and feel free to make your own - we'll host it 4 free

Dec 3, 2005
Podcasting was created by former MTV VJ Adam Curry and programmer Dave Winer. The term ÒpodcastÓ describes the technology used to distribute audio content from websites to consumers. These audio files are called RSS files (Really Simple Syndication). Podcasting works the same way as a standard RSS feed reader or news aggregator (collector) works. The difference is that the feed you subscribe to contains an audio file.

Instead of reading these files in your RSS reader or aggregator, you can listen to the contents of your feed using a reader or aggregator that supports podcasting, or you can listen to them on an iPod or any other mp3 player.

What makes podcasting special is that it allows individuals like you to publish podcasts, radio shows, sermons, concerts, or anything you think interested listeners would subscribe to. Your listeners can automatically receive updates, downloads, etc., without having to visit a specific site and download them from there.

Nov 16, 2005
StressedOutEnt. said:
what i do is i just open the mp3 file and save it as an mp3 then it acts just like a song youve saved to your computer so u dont have to subscribe to the xml feed

damnn i didnt get anything off of that? could you be a bit more specific?? thanks.. and i'll check out those podcastss

Dec 3, 2005
open it from a media player or something and save it as an mp3 then u dont have to enter the xml feed and subscribe to it. most places u find podcasts should have an mp3 link of it usually

Nov 16, 2005
the files i have are alreadyyy in .mp3.

i'm trying to move them into the PODCAST section of itunes/ipod so itll be easier to retrieve when i want to listen to them on my ipod. but when i drag it into the podcast section, it goes automatically into the library instead. is there a way to do that? or do i haaave to subscribe in order to have files in my podcast section??