iPhone 4 jailbreak 4.2.1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 12, 2004
So I updated my already jailbroken iPhone to the newest softwear for the benefits that come with it such as new text tones, find my iPhone witch locates your iPhone if u loose it it can display a message and totally whipe out all the info on it from your Mac computer... Anyway now I'm impatiently waiting for a new jailbreak there's one called redsn0w that's a tethered jailbreak witch means u have to rejailbreak every time u reboot it and I'm really not tryin to go threw that. I was gonna downgrade to 4.0 but I guess in order to do that u have to have some shsh code saved from cydia and I didn't do that.. I did my research and came up with nothing so I figuered I'd turn to the siccness... Any help or info update to look forward to? Thanks in advance...

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
the untethered jailbreak is supposed to come out before X-Mas...I'm waitin impatiently myself cause when I jailbroke on 4.1 my mail app started crashing and theres like 5 apps that never let me update them cause of some error..

Oct 12, 2004
Redsand? Yea I noticed my iPod get very slow also... Shitty update, @ESFCE I sure hope so cuz this iPhone shit is nothing without it jailbroke...

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I stopped updating the software when it comes out right away and just wait for the newest jailbreaks to come out before I do...I'm always using myWi to use my AT&T 3G on my laptop so I can't be without it while I wait for jailbreaks to come out.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
There was more reason to before because there was no multitasking and other features that are available now...

but you can pretty much customize the look of everything on your phone, icons, lock screen battery, status bar text etc. and if you get Installous you can install cracked apps (any App store app free)......

the main thing I basically I need a jailbreak for is to use my 3G internet as a wifi hotspot...no way in hell I'm paying AT&T for tethering...that and I changed my notification pop ups to be way less intrusive..so if someone texts me, IMs me or I got any type of notification, instead of it covering what Im doing or stopping whatever video Im watching with that blue pop up window, a lil notification pops up at the bottom of the screen that i can close, its called Notified Pro... but yeah there's alot of shit you can do with a jailbreak, if you're fine with your iPod/iPhone as is, theres no real reason to do it.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
this is what Im talking about with the notifications.....it shows both options that you can do, I am using the Notification bar (bottom one)...so it dont interrupt you with that big blue pop up window when your doing something...most annoying thing and the biggest change Apple needs to make to their devices

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
WUTS THA DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JAILBREAKING AND UNLOCKING...??? HOW DO I GET TMOBILE 4G FOR AN UNLOCKED ATT,AND HOW MUCH SAND WILL I NEED???

Dec 4, 2004
WUTS THA DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JAILBREAKING AND UNLOCKING...??? HOW DO I GET TMOBILE 4G FOR AN UNLOCKED ATT,AND HOW MUCH SAND WILL I NEED???
Jailbreaking is modifying your phone so it's open for you to install or change just about anything. Unlocking it is allowing it to be used for another network. U have to jailbreak it first before u can unlock. But you can only use T-Mobile Edge on iPhones cause the way the phone is built, it doesn't support the same 3G bands that TMo does (only ATTs)

Dec 4, 2004
it aint for everyone....and yes if you use a custom theme, anything that modifies the look of things or anything that needs Mobile Substrate you will notice some slight lag....to me it's an even tradeoff to be able to tweak whatever I want on my phone..

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I haven't updated my 3gs since 4.0 I think....whichever gave it multitasking....I didn't see a reason trying to go thru the unlocking process again