interview with the mossie's mugzi

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
sup y'all i just finished the interview with mugzi, maybe y'all like to peep that.
http://ugrap.de/interview.php?id=109

peep it on my blog also:
http://www.myspace.com/skreelo

Wassup Mugzilla? I’m glad to have you here today to make a lil interview. The whole Sick Wid It camp is well known in Germany since the golden years of the bay. In our forum, there are a lot of people that kinda grew up on The Mossie including myself. Why did it take you so long to put out a new album?

Yeah man what it do, this is Mugzi a.k.a Mugzilla from The M-o-double-s-i-e The Mossie! I apologize to you all for taking so long but yo boy been traveling with E-40 doing that there thang in L.A., New York, Indiana, Portland, Seattle etc. We've been everywhere mobbin' and getting hyphy. We've Been Promoting The Mossie new album "Soil Savvy", my new group the D.B'z "Speaking In Mannish" and E 40’s new album "My Ghetto Report Card". Before we get this interview crackin' I got to say what’s up to Skreel for reaching out to yo man Mugzilla and being hella patient for this interview. Good looking pimp fashiggity!

Why did it take you so long to put out a new album?

It took so long for a variety of reasons like a bad distribution deal, being in the shadow of major acts that needed to get out there more to keep big attention on our Sick Wid It record label in order for us all to make it. Also we where supporting 40 to the fullest and staying by his side touring and focusing on building his albums to make them the best they can be. Without 40 it will be no us.

The album is droppin on 3030/Sick Wid It. Tell us something bout 3030 Records and future things to come! Which artists are already signed to your label?

30/30 records is my label. 30/30 is really a rifle like a hunting rifle and a rifle shoots heat fire bullets. So I feel that's what all my acts do is bust heat, lava, fire lyrically. I started 30/30 3 years ago and now we are saling a whole lot of albums and having some great success. The roaster on 30 consists of Turf Talk The First on 30 he's the next best thing please believe it, then I have Poppi Cas my puertorican. Baby Bash's lil cousin, very lyrical and for the ladies. Also I have the D.B'z one of the hardest groups out there that shoot metaphors and big spits.To keep it going I have Nump my Gorillapino - he got Grapes.K.D Stunts. That's stunts with a s, my lil wayne you will see. Last but not least I have The Mossie the vets in the game, the experience The ones from the start of Sick wid It.

What can longtime Mossie fans expect from the new album? I heard the new single on Sactown Radio and it was a totally different sound than the old mobb funk. Tell me: Why does The Mossie sound different now?

Long time mossie fans can expect a variety of pretty much everything the new age hyphy music and some of the gorilla generation mobb plus real creative songs. We are more mature lyrically on this album "Soil Savvy" and very hungry. We go straight for the throat to win!

Lyrically, which topics will you touch on the new record? Are you staying true to the formula that made you famous?

Lyrically we talked about the streets we talked about personal relations and we talked about our lifestyle. We stayed true to our formula and that’s by making a excellent album.

Who else produced besides Droop-E?

Besides Droop E it was Vince V, Beat Toven, Studio Tone, Troy Sanders, Big G and Blunted Jaz Jetson.

Will Tap Dat Ass rap a lil bit more than on the two old classics you put out?

Yes, Tap appears on more song than the last album we released.

I saw an announcement in “Lifestyles Of The Disobayish” for some Kaveo & Mugzi cd. It looks like a CD that includes songs from other artists that featured you. Is that right? Tell us about that pimp.

The Kaveo & Mugzi is going to be a mixed tape with all of the songs we where featured on back in the days like E 40's "Federal", Celly's "Heat" for that ass Tay Da Tay album and songs we featured other cats on. Plus brand new songs. We will rename this mixtape also.

Have you Mossie boyz ever thought of puttin’ out solo records? Are there any plans for future solo records?

I will like to do a solo album and also I will like to put out a Kaveo solo album. In the near future they will come. But for right now we concertrating on the group thing.

What are Kaveo and Tap Dat Ass doin’ the whole time? The only one we always hear about is you!

Kaveo is doing a lil concert promoting and working with his son album K.D stunts and Tap his working on his artist album. So everyone is busy and active in the game.

One thing that often strikes our minds overseas: Vallejo is a rather small town, but how could it be possible that it produced so many great artists? Besides The Mossie, we heard of The Click, N2Deep, Khayree, Mac Dre, Mac Mall and so on. Man, sometimes it seems L.A. got fewer acts! Can you describe the magic behind V-Town?

The magic is the water and the rossi man, the water and the rossi *laughs*. That's just part of it. Vallejo is very small and gutter so in order to survive you have to be a hustla weather its slangin' yayo, slangin' hoes, sailing close or jackin' someone. So you see a lot and be in a lot as a youngsta and you grow up fast. Even in sports we are talented out there 'cause you always playing with the older kids and they get ruff so you have to learn how to adapt fast. All races are included also Vallejo is really diverse. *laugs*

Have there been a lot of changes since like the beginning of the 90s in Vallejo?

Of course our city is constantly growing and our murder rate has also. But now it's changing for the better also getting more big businesses in to bring more employment and money to the city.

Talking bout newcomers: how do you feel about rappers from Vallejo that are on the come up now?

I feel it's to many kids that are tryna rap, everybody can't be a rapper and they are getting wack with these gymics styles and what not. These glasses that’s 8 times bigger than the head they are starting to be a lil game goofy. But it's still some raw talent out there fashoe.

Can others duplicate the Sick Wid It legacy?

Noone can ever duplicate the Sick Wid It legacy, no one ever ever ever!! We been running it for years with no pause.

Do you have an all-time favorite track from Vallejo? Some track that reminds you of the “good ole days”.

Yeah my all time favorite tracks I should say *laughs* is The Click "Let's Get Drunk" and "Exxtra Mannish" from E40's Federal album. 'Cause I was on that one at a young young age.

Tell us about your current situation as an independent artist. Is it much better than when you were with Jive? I heard Jive was rather bad for the artists that were signed with them.

Far as a independent artist - I love it. But I always like a lil bit more power behind me cause I know I can make things happen and if I had more power behind me I can be a force to be reckin' with. I have dreams and goals I try to reach. I would love to be on the Russel Simmon's or P Diddy's level. Far as Jivem they weren't bad at all they did there job and they paid 40 and 40 made them money so no bad vibes at the end of the day everyone walked away winners.

Let’s imagine that money wouldn’t matter. Is there a favourite artist you’d love to work with?

A favorite artist to work with ... I never thought about that one 'cause they always have a new ninja next year tomany artist don’t hang around to long nowadays. I would have to probably go with Maria or Jennifer Lopez just so I can try to work my charm on 'em. *laughs* They are very talented and been around for a while. I believe in long jeverity man correct my spelling also. I've been out of school for a couple years now. *laughs*

Do you feel that there are limits for an artists, especially independent, in this rap game? Or should everybody try to strive as much as possible?

There are no limits like the label. You can still be independent but signed to a major distribution and the way you work your situations. There are no limits pimp none you got to get yours with out saling out.

Are you touring a lot? How much are the South and the East feelin your sound?

We are touring a lot and it feels gooooood! Everyone is feeling the Bay Sound once again and it's well appreciated. Good music is good music in my book no matter where you from. I love good music even I can't understand the words long as it make me feel like grooving or partying or sexing long as it gives me a good feeling or some type of feeling, long as I can listen to it and it's good to my ear.

What are your goals career-wise?

Career wise I would like to be able to see groups and acts enjoy there music and make some money and make their fans happy. I also will like to advance to a level like P Diddy and Russel Simmons and a lot more or somewhere close. I would like to own a franchise also and a couple of sports bars.

Who are the people that give you valuable input throughout a recording process?

My family and close friends give me the valuable input.

What is more important: being able to include the fans’ wishes into your music, or creating a unique sound that will captivate the rap fans anyway?

Both I always like to involve my fans because I like to see if I can get creative with it and turn it into something. But on the other hand some fans get two faced on you when the next new cat come. So then I like to go my own route and try to do something no one else is doing.

Ok man, I think it's about time for some shoutouts...

Shouts out to the fans that really buy are music and support us at concerts and events. Fuck you to the downloading punks out there that don’t respect how much time, money and effort we put into these albums. To you hater we got - get yours triiiicccck!!! To you cats that have talent keep pushing and stay hungry, humble and loyal to those who help you and stay by you supporting you through thick and thin. To all Of you Germany cats that’s reading this: thank you, thank you, thank you, much love and get the album The Mossie "Soil Savvy" order through the internet, just buy its good music. Skreel once again keep it going, thanks.

Jul 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
i got a few hot ones comin up, add me to your myspace account and peep my blogs- i got some heaters comin. on my blog there's already a JOHNNY-Z and a JAY TEE interview. enjoy, much love from germany- yours truly!

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
That's the bidness rite there....
Some folks are sleeping on this Northern Cali movment...they just satified if N.Y. play our music, or if Necktucky play it....they don't understand it's bigger...

It's a global take over!! We bringing this music WORLD WIDE, from Cali to Japan and back again!