INTERVIEW WITH ICY ROC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2006
SMB: So did you guys make that music in Kansas City?

IR: Yeah, we actually made quite a bit of it at my brother’s house. When Tech was living with his mother-in-law they used to just come down and we used to record and sit there and tinker with stuff and come up with different ideas.

SMB: And this was done around when?

IR: Like the end of ’93 and ’94.

SMB: So you’re going to try and get it released through Travis and Tech, how’s that going on?

IR: Yeah that’s what I’d like to do but I just haven’t had a chance and sit down and talk with them. I kind of mentioned it to Tech but I want to sit down and talk with them about it.

SMB: How many tracks are there?

IR: Man I don’t–

SMB: An album’s worth?

IR: Yeah there’s an album’s worth. We did stuff that we did while we were in LA and we did stuff that we did when we came back home. Between that there’s a lot. There’s stuff that we continued to work on until Tech got with Don Juan and even a little after he started working with Juan. There’s a lot of stuff there.

SMB: Nice. Do you think the fans would be pretty psyched to listen to some of this stuff? From what I understand there’s a lot of people trying to find these tracks.

sounds like we may actually get to hear some of the NNUTHOWZE stuff after all. hoping this happens!!!

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
No, Isms was going to be leftovers and songs that they didn't get around to doing for Everready. Material like Money, Ms Gottalotovit and World Gone Crazy.

Aug 23, 2002
I like icy rock and don't know the whole situation between him and tech. But doesn't it seem like everyone from back in the day that was hatin or had something bad to say about tech are now jockin his balls or are asking for help in some way?

That's not directed at icy rock just making an observation.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
hoping this actually eventuates into a release... Roc's been holding these supposed tracks for a long time and considering he said this material in particular was recorded circe 93-94 I assume it won't just be NNUTTHOWZE oriented eg. What We Flowin' Fo Remix, etc.

interesting to see how the quality will be sorted since most of it is tape format

Aug 25, 2010
hoping this actually eventuates into a release... Roc's been holding these supposed tracks for a long time and considering he said this material in particular was recorded circe 93-94 I assume it won't just be NNUTTHOWZE oriented eg. What We Flowin' Fo Remix, etc.

interesting to see how the quality will be sorted since most of it is tape format
While I obviously hope it is released on CD, I would also LOVE a Nnutthowze cassette

May 7, 2008
LOL ^ genuis lol..

the quality of old skool tape is pretty fked up..so it will be very interesting on how they convert it over..they can run touch ups and stuff but u cant make the quality much better.. maybe theyll sell it as a cheap EP because the quality wouldnt be so great..

Jun 12, 2002
Tapes have really good sound quality as long as they used a good studio equipment to record it. Just need a nice tape deck, analog-to-digital convertor and skills mastering.