International HR Derby..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2003
I'm feelin this...great idea...i wish Miggy would do it tho...he's RAW AS FUCK...

The CENTURY 21 Home Run Derby (ESPN and ESPN Radio, Monday, July 11, 8 p.m. ET) will have an international flavor this year.

Hoping to kick off the countdown to next year's World Baseball Classic, the derby will feature players from different nations represented throughout Major League Baseball. Six out of eight participants have confirmed their spots, according to MLB.com.

According to the Web site Tuesday, the roster includes: Atlanta slugger and home run leader Andruw Jones, Philadelphia's Bobby Abreu, Milwaukee's Carlos Lee, Pittsburgh's Jason Bay, Detroit's Ivan Rodriguez and Boston's David Ortiz.

The Dominican Republic will be represented by Ortiz; Venezuela by Abreu, Puerto Rico by Rodriguez; Curacao by Jones; Panama by Lee; and Canada by Bay.

The only two countries not represented yet are the United States and Japan.

One player who won't represent the United States will be Chicago Cubs first baseman Derrek Lee, who declined an invitation because of a sore shoulder, MLB.com repor

Apr 25, 2002
It should be: Andruw Jones, Derrek Lee, Adam Dunn, Morgan Ensberg, Carlos Lee, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez, Mark Teixeira, Cliff Floyd and Alex Rodriguez. If any of them can't go or don't want to, it should be these guys in this order: David Ortiz, Alfonso Soriano, Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko, Miguel Tejada, Bobby Abreu, Troy Glaus, etc.

This HR Derby format is a horrible idea. So many dudes that are hitting a lot of HR's this season are gonna get left out for people who don't deserve it.

Aug 20, 2004
UPSTATE NICCA said:
I wanna see Ichiro on HR Derby. I bet he would beat all those big dudes.
What alotta people dont know is that Ichi can boom em out of the park with the best of em...he kills balls in BP...its been mentioned before that he should get the nod...