Interesting article on gang dvd.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2004
To start off with this dvd is hella bootsy nothing special in it, call me desensitized I dunno. To me it is the law enforcment and city of Fresno over compensating cause gang life is leaking out of the varrio/hood and into mainstream. I mean look at this article I have seen the dvd that these guys (forget they are bulldogs for a minute, it could easily have been nortes or surs or crip or blood) There is a 10 minute clip with about 15-20 bulldogs are bunched up in a parking lot, all in red, and two have beers in their hands. All they do is bark and say "bulldog this bulldog that, fuck busters and fuck scrapes, college street bulldogs" and show off their tatts. about 10 minutes of this crap goes on. One guy has an ax he is holding but to his chest, not swingin it nothing, and when it is about over they do like 4 dounuts in the road.
Well embarassed that this dvd was made, the police arrested many people on this dvd, and trying to charge them with felonies, and they didnt do shit, now aside from being stupid and doing ish on video, how the fuck can this ish go down? I mean sure they are bulldogs and many here gonna say fuck it they mutts anyways, but this could easily have been any other set? I just dont see how this ish could go down? fresno city is over reacting and acting like a bunch of pussies. Do other dvd's like this cause this much of a rukus in other areas? I mean do fools even get hunted down for being in teen angels?

http://www.fresnobee.com/home/story/10892385p-11664929c.html

Jun 10, 2004
Trial ordered for "Fresno Uncensored" participants

By Pablo Lopez / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Friday, July 15, 2005, 11:30 AM)

E-mail This Article
Printer-Friendly Format
Receive the Daily Bulletin
Subscribe to Print
Join a Forum
New: Click to leave a comment

Search News | Search Local

A judge ruled this morning that the actions of six alleged gang members, who guzzled beer, barked like dogs and mocked police in a DVD called "Fresno Uncensored," constituted felony behavior.

Judge Gary Hoff ordered a trial in Fresno County Superior Court for Serafin Villalobos Ceja, 18; James Gayton Frausto, 23; Adolfo Leyva Gomez, 19; Joseph Anthony Trinidad, 20; Francisco Gonzalez, 18; and Danny Alonzo Jr., 28.

Each of them face a felony count of being an active participant in a criminal street gang. Trinidad also faces a felony count of reckless driving for allegedly spinning doughnuts on a public street.

They will be arraigned July 26.

Advertisement

Hoff made his ruling after three days of testimony and legal arguments in the defendants' preliminary hearing. Prosecutor Greg Anderson smiled after the ruling, but left the courthouse without making a comment.

Defense lawyers said Hoff's ruling was a disappointment, but didn't surprise them because the legal standard at a preliminary hearing is reasonable suspicion that a crime was committed.

At trial, the legal standard is the much higher beyond a reasonable doubt, the defense lawyers said.

Defense lawyers had asked Hoff to dismiss the charges or reduce them to misdemeanors on the grounds that the defendants' actions were constitutionally protected free speech and association.

They also argued the defendants' right to due process and equal protection under the law were violated because they were singled out for prosecution because they are Hispanic.

In addition, the defense lawyers contended that the defendants' actions on the video didn't rise to felonious behavior because all they did was drink beer, show off gang tattoos and hand signs, and shoot off their mouths.

Hoff denied the legal challenges, saying the constitutional rights don't apply to gang members whose language and actions incite or promote criminal activity.

In making his ruling, Hoff said he reviewed the evidence against each individual defendant, but came to his conclusion by "looking at the totality of the evidence."

Outside court, Gonzalez's mother, Gloria Baca, said, "It's unfair. They didn't do anything wrong. "They were just playing around."

Trinidad's mother, Yolanda Trinidad, said she understands the judge's ruling, but her son, as well as the others, "we're just having a little fun."

"Fresno Uncensored" ruffled local law enforcement because it glorified gangs in some of the city's toughest neighborhoods. During a police roundup in June, 23 people suspected of being in the DVD were arrested.

The defendants in Hoff's courtroom are the first adults to answer to charges.

The people on the 91-minute DVD bark like dogs, mock police, show off gang tattoos and display drugs and high-powered weapons. The six defendants in Hoff's courtroom are on the DVD for fewer than six minutes, testimony revealed.

The defendants don't show off any drugs in the DVD; the only weapon shown is a small ax held by Jose Luis Gonzalez, who is not among the charged defendants. During one short segment, a green car spins doughnuts; Trinidad is accused of being the driver.

For two days, Tony Gates, a California Highway Patrol officer assigned to the county's anti-gang unit, has testified that cameras captured for the DVD showed the defendants promoting the Fresno Bulldogs, a notorious street gang. The activity took place in April on Dakota Avenue near Fruit Avenue, he said.

Some of the defendants have admitted to being Bulldog gang members, Gates testified. Many of them wore similar gang clothing on the DVD, mainly red sports clothes representing Fresno State and its Bulldog mascot.

Anderson argued that the defendants' actions constituted felony territory because a friend of the defendants was holding an small ax, which is considered a dangerous weapon.

While the friend held the ax, the DVD captures gang members cursing and challenging rival gangsters, Gates said.

The defendants also encourage Trinidad to allegedly drive recklessly in the street, which promotes the Bulldog gang by spreading fear that they are a lawless group, Anderson argued.

Defense lawyers, however, say that simply holding an ax is not a felony, and that the person holding it did not threaten anyone with it. The lawyers said it also is not a felony to drive recklessly unless the driver has prior felony convictions for driving recklessly and causing great bodily injury. Testimony revealed that Trinidad has no prior criminal record.

Check FresnoBee.com for updates throughout the day and read The Fresno Bee tomorrow for further details.

The reporter can be reached at [email protected] or (559) 441-6434.

Dec 16, 2004
R8RS_FOR_LIFE said:
To start off with this dvd is hella bootsy nothing special in it, call me desensitized I dunno. To me it is the law enforcment and city of Fresno over compensating cause gang life is leaking out of the varrio/hood and into mainstream. I mean look at this article I have seen the dvd that these guys (forget they are bulldogs for a minute, it could easily have been nortes or surs or crip or blood) There is a 10 minute clip with about 15-20 bulldogs are bunched up in a parking lot, all in red, and two have beers in their hands. All they do is bark and say "bulldog this bulldog that, fuck busters and fuck scrapes, college street bulldogs" and show off their tatts. about 10 minutes of this crap goes on. One guy has an ax he is holding but to his chest, not swingin it nothing, and when it is about over they do like 4 dounuts in the road.
Well embarassed that this dvd was made, the police arrested many people on this dvd, and trying to charge them with felonies, and they didnt do shit, now aside from being stupid and doing ish on video, how the fuck can this ish go down? I mean sure they are bulldogs and many here gonna say fuck it they mutts anyways, but this could easily have been any other set? I just dont see how this ish could go down? fresno city is over reacting and acting like a bunch of pussies. Do other dvd's like this cause this much of a rukus in other areas? I mean do fools even get hunted down for being in teen angels?

http://www.fresnobee.com/home/story/10892385p-11664929c.html
I BELIEVE THIS IS THE PIECE OF SHIT DVD HES TALKIN'ABOUT!!

Jun 10, 2004
yup that it, boring ass dvd, I mean it really truly has nothing in there that I would call "crazy" yet its got this town all arrest happy. I just dont get it, did treal tv, oakland gone wild, dumb usa, cause this much noise in the law enforcment world?

Jun 10, 2004
It isnt gay you just aint seeing the big picture out there, take the blinds off. Do you get that there are people going to court and getting felony charges pressed on them? for saying they gangsters, not doing any actions just standing there and sayin they are. I mean slowly day by day, shit is getting to where the government and law enforcement are able to have more and more power to do things against the common man.

Jun 10, 2004
OH another point if these charges do stick, what you thing that gonna do, set precedence. what you thing gonna happen when Cali Thuggin (if it still is going to) get release. I mean all the courst need is some other county to do it and they could refer to the prior courts decision for some leverage. Think big picture

Jun 10, 2004
SouthSanDago said:
THEY WILL PROBABLY BE CHARGED WITH PENAL CODE 186. (gang enhancement charges usually prosecuted through pictures of association, in other words, if you are in the picture they can prosecute you WITH one of your homies if he/she commits a crime)
True, but I mean the thing that trip me out is the fact that they did nothing else but kick it with gang members. I mean from what i know of family that have gotten this enhancement it is just that, it enhances existing charges, but from what I saw on there they did nothing criminal, unless it was violation of probation. I guess you really have to see how mild their segment was.

Dec 13, 2004
members.sitegadgets.com
SouthSanDago said:
THEY WILL PROBABLY BE CHARGED WITH PENAL CODE 186. (gang enhancement charges usually prosecuted through pictures of association, in other words, if you are in the picture they can prosecute you WITH one of your homies if he/she commits a crime)
That's true..I know that in S.califas the cops used the teen angel magazine pictures to look up people who did a crime that were gang affiliated to arrest them when they use nicknames..

Status
Not open for further replies.