Interested in MMA and live near San Mateo?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I know there are a lot of MMA fans in here, and many of you have thought about taking mixed martial arts.

So for those of you who are interested and live near San Mateo, my instructors are holding a free workshop this Saturday 8/4/07 10:00 am at the Charles Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy in San Mateo.
They'll be teaching the basics of Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

It's time to stop watching this $hit and start learning it....
At least for fun!

Shoot me a private message if you're interested.

Mod(s)
Sorry if this comes off as spam.
I'm a long time member of these boards and I'm putting this up as a hookup to my people in here....

Sep 16, 2002
^^ have you checked out the gracie gym in mt view?? if so how is it?? im interested in checkin it out, but right now im training in milpitas with coach rudi ott(cung lei's top student) just started getting into it... and am interested in learning as much as i can....

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
^^^^
The Ralph Gracie Academy is considered to be pretty good.
Even higher regarded than the Charles Gracie one.
Like Charles, Ralph has schools through out the Bay Area.
I hear the one in Mt. View is pretty good.
(although my assisstant instructor was about to fight the main instructor at that branch).

Just this past Friday at the Kezar Pavilion in SF, two of Ralph's guys dominated in their fights.
You can't go wrong with his academy in Mt. View.

If you really want to get good in your ground game, you have to learn some Jiu Jitsu. These other MMA academies can teach you a few basics but that will only take you so far. Case and point, a couple weeks ago in Rumble in the Summer 07 over at the Oakland Karate & Kickboxing Academy, four of our guys swept four of theirs in MMA fights using nothing but Jiu Jitsu.
BJJ will be a perfect compliment to your stand up fight game!