Instrumentalists

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
I'm looking for any instrumental music where the focus is on one or two instruments. This is what I have so far:

Buckethead - Slaughterhouse on the Prairie

John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess - An Evening With

Micheal Angelo Batio - Hands Without Shadows

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live: Manchester and Dublin

Yngwie Malmsteen With The New Japan Philharmonic - Concerto Suite For Electric Guitar And Orchestra In E Flat Major Live

Kenny G - Classics in the Key of G (in my defense, it has a badass Summertime cover)

Miles Davis and John Coltrane - Live in Stockholm

Miles Davis vs. Theloneus Monk

May 15, 2002
Marty Friedman. Dragon's Kiss manages to pack some awesome music into one of the gayest album covers I've ever seen. But Marty looks like a fruitcake anyway.

Apr 25, 2002
Marty Friedman. Dragon's Kiss manages to pack some awesome music into one of the gayest album covers I've ever seen. But Marty looks like a fruitcake anyway.
I liked his shit on Megadeth....Haven't heard his solo shit.....Worth copping, huh?

Dec 25, 2003
These are all solo acoustic artists with a more 'modern' feel.
Like, it's solo acoustic guitar but it's not boring.

Kaki King is sick - but just her first 2 albums. Third one is coo/aight. Her latest is terrible. She uses insane tunings to get a really unique sound. Her videos are lame. Better just to d/l and listen to the songs.

Albums to get:
Kaki King - Legs to Make Us Longer
Kaki King - Everybody loves you
If you like the first 2, get 'Until We Felt Red'

Kaki King - Neanderthal - low quality live ver. gotta turn it up

Kaki King - Playing with pink noise

Kaki King playin a steel guitar

Andy McKee is hella solid.

Albums:
Andy McKee - Dreamcatcher
Andy McKee - Art of Motion

Andy McKee - Drifting

Andy McKee - Ebon Coast

Andy McKee - Art of Motion

Justin King is sort of like Andy McKee's style - alot of slaping and tapping.

He's an awesome guitarist as well.

Best Album - Le Bleu

Justin King - Knock on Wood

Justin King - Phunkdified

Apr 25, 2002
Jeff Beck just released a DVD that I've read is really great. I can't fuckin' seem to find it in the stores around here, but he can fucking play the god damn guitar........

Apr 25, 2002
How about Steve Vai??? He looks like a homo, or related to Sigfriend and Roy, but he does some amazing guitar shit......