Instant Fuse Blowing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2002
www.70mile.com
For some reason my amp is blowing every fuse i put in the fuse holder by the batter, it just started doing this and im stumped, the ground is good along with everything else.. anything im missing or what...

Aug 24, 2003
what other probs do you have going on? do you have a check battery light? you are talking about a stock fuse holder with a fuse protecting the positive battery post connection, where you hook the positive alternator connection to the battery? or just one you screwed on thats only related to the amplifier?

i dont know but maybe the voltage regulator in your alternator is overcharging and sending too much voltage towards your amp and your fuse keeps blowing out to protect your amp

ill try to look some shit up to help you out with it but im a car audio newbie

what amp alternator do you have and what kind of system arey ou trying to pull wtih it? you could have ruined the voltage regulator in the alternator by not being able to properly power your system, it happened to me just last week

Aug 24, 2003
also what size amplifier is it?
what size subs are they powering?
what is the ohm load the subs are wired at?
what size wiring is everything hooked up with?
are you putting the new fuses while your negative battery terminal is disconnected?
are you sure the wiring was done correctly?

Nov 13, 2002
www.70mile.com
the fuse holder that came with the amp kit is what i was talking about sorry..the wiring is done correctly.. the amp is an old scool rockford fosgate punch 800a2, its all hooked up with 4 gauge wiring i have 2 memphis pr 4 ohm dvc 12s.. its running in a 4 ohm load... all i know is it just happend and my fuse holder (for the power wire to the amp) melted along with the fuse, so i just put a new one on and tried puttin in a fuse and it just pops everytime... im just totally stumped, ive tried to re ground my amp and everything.. no luck.. guess its time to find a new amp

Aug 24, 2003
yes it sounds as though something inside the amp has gone bad and the fuse is popping repeatedly to protect the amp from going completely caput

maybe you could have it brought in somewhere and checked out, if its something simple i think they can repair the amp and it might be cheaper than replacing it

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Something inside the amp must be shorted you can always crack it open just to take a look. Find someone that can fix it, some computer and tv shops will even take a look at it since they would most likely just need to solder a connection or replace some capacitors.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
got a unrelated question but didnt know if i should make a new topic.

tail lights arent working. on a 98 acura the running lights dont come on but the brakes do. light tester doesnt have them on either. keeps blowing out fuses and smells like burnt plastic. ground?

Aug 9, 2006
i had this happen to me...ended up taking it to a shop and he used the amp meter or whatevers, ended up being that the fuse holder itself was shorting out because the power wire had corroded a little bit..he clipped fresh ends to the power wire, put a new fuse holder and i never had the problem again