Infinity in A Void

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2007
Just some thoughts...

Is it possible to live life without fixed ideas about how we "think" the world is?

We can bend reality to meet our mentality, whatever it may be, so how can we say for certain what is natural and what is unnatural, if what we think about is what we become.

We all learn from the toxicity of the world, How do we know that one way is the right way when in our eyes our way is the only way.

You can say science is the answer, but life consist of both logic and feeling. How can you discount what you feel inside, when what we feel, feels realer than what we think, and yet ideas can be as real as we can make them be.

If we view the world from only one point, how can we ever hope to understand it when it consist of many interacting points of view.

A habit can become and feel as natural as eating or breathing, so if it can happen to an individual, a way of thinking can become a habit to the masses who feel and think that it is only natural.

Mar 4, 2007
yes, what you just explained in the last sentence is how you can explain religions, and those who are born into that culture and lifestyle and 'reality'

You see, i thought about this as well, like to me, i think everyone thinks that they know whats 'right'. When i think about this, i think of viewing the world from different windows on different levels of a skyscraper, like, from the second story you see more of the tops of cars, and you can see the ends of the street a lil further than if you were on ground level, and then you can compare the POV(point of view) of the 2nd level to the POV of the 4th level and a diff. window...now, what is truth? Like, what if that was the only view you had your whole life? THen you would believe that world you view is truth, correct? And this is how some (most) people live their lives, sometimes they will see the world from the level above or below once ina great while, but very few are too afraid to move from that spot, to even contemplate the fact that there is another window or level to view the world from.

To me, i know that anything is possible, even if it doesn't conform to an already scientifically explained idea. But then again, science is still flawed, it seperates much of the feeling that you explained. Science is a good, holistic approach to viewing the world and life logically, but then again, is all life logic? If we could be completely logical then why do we still get sad when people die? Would there be a possiblity to be compassionate towards your lover? I believe 'BEING' is truer than thinking, thinking is all composed of your ideas and societies ideas of what is correct, or incorrect. But if there is no logic, then what does being really solve? There would be no puzzle to solve, or learning to do.

When both of those elements are equally together, though, then it can cause an infinite amount of possibilities.

Talus

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
I try to keep an open mind. I dont hope to understand the world or the universe I meerley seek to realize my ever so humble existance in it to the fullest. That does not mean to say that I am self centered and only care about my part of the picture because I care about how all the other pieces interact and their role in this existance. But it is simply that the nature of different people, beings, things living and non by our classifications is just that nature.

May 24, 2007
@rekomstop

you have a point when you said that being is what really matters. Like morpheous said "dont think you are, know you are" one is certain the other is not. The ancients called the "being" state alpha or altared state, and the thinking state beta.

If you see thru it like that, then it becomes clear that we are not meant to live in the beta state but simply to utilize it on our journey thru earth. We are energy beings, and being so we direct our energies in the direction our minds follow, for better or worse.

It is said that the pinnacle of an enlightened mind, is that which never stays on any one fixed idea, but simply flows like water in a river: Life is not stagnant and requires a fluidity of thought. But like you said most will never see the light because they are afraid to venture out into the unknown realm, where nothing is for certain.

Mar 4, 2007
yes, well you say nothing is for certain, that is the fear composed way of looking at it, but once you get over that stage, or when people get over that "nothingness" of it all stage, then they can realize the beauty in the possibility of everything.(optimistic way of lookin at it)

i was always compelled by The Matrix, and people take it as a movie, but it is not ficitional, anything and everything is possible, we are only what our minds compose.

The only truth that we can say is certain, is that truth of our imagination.

And once you find confidence in yourself, and no longer wish to be a sheep or slave of societies rules, then it is very simple to find this beauty of life.

Sep 28, 2002
Is it possible to live life without fixed ideas about how we "think" the world is?
Yes in a catatonic state with no cerebral function. There is no escape from interpretation of reality in a state of consciousness it is why you have a brain, if you don't care for the way that you think the world is you can only reinterpret and form new ideas of how your think the world is.

We can bend reality to meet our mentality, whatever it may be, so how can we say for certain what is natural and what is unnatural, if what we think about is what we become.
We cannot bend reality to meet our mentality. We can manifest our ideas with physical interactions but reality remains the same. The natural world is governed by physical laws thus everything abiding by these physical laws is natural. We do not become what we think about we are born humans and remain human until we die.

We all learn from the toxicity of the world, How do we know that one way is the right way when in our eyes our way is the only way.
I do not think everyone learns from their experiences in the world. I do not believe in an absolute right way and do not think that my way is the only way to interperet the world otherwise dialogue would be senseless.

You can say science is the answer, but life consist of both logic and feeling. How can you discount what you feel inside, when what we feel, feels realer than what we think, and yet ideas can be as real as we can make them be.
Science is a method of explaination and does not discount feeling it simply does not incorperate it into the model. Life consists of neither logic nor feeling these are metaphysical principles, life consists of matter and energy. Logic and feeling are two seperate and often times conflicting interpretations of observation that can both be right or wrong if flawed. Discounting a feeling is an issue of impulse control. I would also venture to say that only SOME IDEAS can be as real as we want them to be. The issue is the ability to manipulate reality into bringing ideas into physical existance.

If we view the world from only one point, how can we ever hope to understand it when it consist of many interacting points of view.

The world does not consist of points of veiw. Understanding of the world is open to interpretation and thus a wide variety or interpretations are available. Use of the scientific method can help you to weed out deceptions and misinterpretation.

Mar 4, 2007
Yes in a catatonic state with no cerebral function. There is no escape from interpretation of reality in a state of consciousness it is why you have a brain, if you don't care for the way that you think the world is you can only reinterpret and form new ideas of how your think the world is.
isn't that same as bending our own view of reality?

We cannot bend reality to meet our mentality. We can manifest our ideas with physical interactions but reality remains the same. The natural world is governed by physical laws thus everything abiding by these physical laws is natural. We do not become what we think about we are born humans and remain human until we die..
That may be true from a scientific standpoint, but what about those who claim to be vampires? What about those who believe that they are not completely human any longer?

Are these not valid because they compose of perosonal feeling..?

Science is a method of explaination and does not discount feeling it simply does not incorperate it into the model. Life consists of neither logic nor feeling these are metaphysical principles, life consists of matter and energy. Logic and feeling are two seperate and often times conflicting interpretations of observation that can both be right or wrong if flawed. Discounting a feeling is an issue of impulse control. I would also venture to say that only SOME IDEAS can be as real as we want them to be. The issue is the ability to manipulate reality into bringing ideas into physical existance.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discount
Discount: to leave out of account, disregard.

so if its simply A method, then wouldn't that leave room for MORE methods? and how can you limit how many methods there are? Wouldn't that leave room for an infinite amount of methods?
The world does not consist of points of veiw. Understanding of the world is open to interpretation and thus a wide variety or interpretations are available. Use of the scientific method can help you to weed out deceptions and misinterpretation.

then, tell me, what does it consist of? A scientific point of view? Or does each and every individual, indeed have their own, personal point of view?

Sep 28, 2002
Not in my opinion. It's not a bending it's reformulation of a fixed Idea or formulation of a new one. Every Idea is fixed and can only be reformulated or formulated because of the nature of the Nervous system.

I was responding to Nova fires question of:
"Is it possible to live life without fixed ideas about how we "think" the world is?"

& In my opinion it is not. It is however possible to mininterpret your serial reinterpretations and/or observations as fluid and therefor come to the conclusion that you had no fixed point of view during a time period however, whatever point of view you subscribe to at any point in time is your point of veiw thus you are trapped into a fixed format by even thinking at all.

That may be true from a scientific standpoint, but what about those who claim to be vampires? What about those who believe that they are not completely human any longer?

Are these not valid because they compose of perosonal feeling..?
No they are not valid (In reality) because they are empirically false. Just the same as someone who feels that they don't have HIV and is infectied with the virus cannot transfuse their blood into a person without it and guarantee that person will not get AIDS because they have a feeling.

&

so if its simply A method, then wouldn't that leave room for MORE methods? and how can you limit how many methods there are? Wouldn't that leave room for an infinite amount of methods?
Yes & I can't & Yes again. But I can use the method of scientific inquiry to expose faulty reasoning and invalidate other methods which address physical reality.

then, tell me, what does it consist of? A scientific point of view? Or does each and every individual, indeed have their own, personal point of view?
It consists of the elements that compose it. Points of veiw are not among them (including scientific points of view) unless we are talking about neuronal connections and action potentials. Points of veiw are metaphysical, the world is physical. Ideas about physical things are not physical themselves again unless we are talking about neuronal connections and action potentials. Know that Interpretation of Reality = Point of view and reread the words you quoted for this response.

Jan 31, 2008
i believe a perception on anything is always based on whatever understanding and interpretation one has on what he is perceiving.
its like , if i were to debate somebody on anarchy, while he opposes it because of what he believes anarchy means, compared to mine.
same with debating.. say an athiest, about the existance of god, while he opposes it since when he thinks "God", he perceives the christian god in the bible.
a great example of this is in these 2 quotes.

Originally Posted by rekomstop
Orginally Posted by Formaldehyde Rx
Not in my opinion. It's not a bending. it's reformulation of a fixed Idea or formulation of a new one.
rekomstops perception of "Reality" varies from Formaldehydes.
she perceives the reality to be the world that exists in each of us on the inside, whether it constitutes of ideas, or facts, as it will always remain within.
i think formaldehyde perceives Reality to be the external reality unaffected by mans beliefs/assumptions.

so my question is to formaldehyde, have we ever been able to grasp that External reality as it is through science, or have we always been making the mistake of assuming we are on top of the world with our understanding or to better word my question, is the limited understanding of this External reality that you currently have, and humanity will most likely always have, the reality you are talking about, or the subjective reality that Rekomstop mentions, that will always be subjective?

We are all right, and if any of us whether it be a religious person opposing athiesm or vice versa, understood what the opposing side understands, and believes what they believe, they will no doubtedly agree 100% with them, and believe what they believe because they want to.

and this is a mini explanation to what i believe on reality.

Mar 4, 2007
^^i believe that you believe that everyone can believe in their own reality based on their beliefs...hehehe...
lol tho, i understand...

thank you for clarifying formal, i was just tryin to see where you came from..

Jan 31, 2008
^ or better yet, i assume that you assume that everyone can assume their own reality based on their assumptions.

same thing in the end, only it paints a better picture to how open to flaws our beliefs really are.

May 24, 2007
We cannot bend reality to meet our mentality. We can manifest our ideas with physical interactions but reality remains the same. The natural world is governed by physical laws thus everything abiding by these physical laws is natural. We do not become what we think about we are born humans and remain human until we die..
if that was true, than how do you explain how some people make themselves physically sick to their stomach just by thinking negatively.

I do not think everyone learns from their experiences in the world. I do not believe in an absolute right way and do not think that my way is the only way to interperet the world otherwise dialogue would be senseless..
expirience is everything.

variety of interpretations=points of view.:dead:

Mar 4, 2007
btw novafire, its hilarious, i had this discussion in my anthropology class.
some girl was basically sayin what formaldehyde rx was sayin, and the rest of the class and the professor were sayin what you me n seriously thug were sayin..

very interesting...

Sep 28, 2002

LOL I wrote a long ass reply then it did that you have to log in shit so I copied it then dumb ass me went and copied the url to these smiles w/o saving it so ummmmmm .........I guess all you get is this.

Mar 4, 2007

LOL I wrote a long ass reply then it did that you have to log in shit so I copied it then dumb ass me went and copied the url to these smiles w/o saving it so ummmmmm .........I guess all you get is this.

hahahah poor lil smiley..
your not gettin bullied, i swear.
lol

no reason to bully here, we just discussing how we view things..its ok