inFAMOUS 2 megatron thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 2, 2010
If you thought the original Infamous ran out of missions too quickly, developer Sucker Punch has you covered. Infamous 2 is going to let you create your own missions.

Today at GDC, Sony unveiled a brand new system in the sequel that allows players to place enemies, objects and more to create your very own challenges that pop up in New Marais. You can come up with stories, limit it to races, and even assign XP to completing a quest.
Call it innovative but I think its just lazy tbh, they should be creating relevant missions that gives twists or some value to the overall storyline making it an enjoyable experience take San Andreas as a perfect example.

Also, it wasn't that the original game didn't have "enough missions" it was that they were all repetitive the entire fucking game. Unless the gameplay is amazing which it won't be, then this idea is a complete waste.

Fuck this game, I agree with everything Puko already said. Prototype was better in about every way possible but I didn't beat it yet, Infamous I finished and regretted it.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i need to get my hands on prototype then..

but what i did think was yes, the missions were repetitive as fuck and their excuse for "no they arent!" was to slowly grant you new powers along the way.

Apr 2, 2010
Does anyone want to try explaining why he is using ice/fire elements when he gained his powers through a burst of electricity?

It also looks stupid as fuck, making ice barricades and transforming into a phoenix to fly/attack enemies. What the fuck is that shit? Trailer was also fairly boring and basic apart from that.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Does anyone want to try explaining why he is using ice/fire elements when he gained his powers through a burst of electricity?

It also looks stupid as fuck, making ice barricades and transforming into a phoenix to fly/attack enemies. What the fuck is that shit? Trailer was also fairly boring and basic apart from that.
I asked that same question at N4G and here's the response I got...

"Easy, if he controls electro-magnetic force he would be able to do pretty much anything, due to the fact that almost all physical interactions are governed by it. For instance heat radiates in electro-magnetic waves so he could probably just quickly disperse the heat out of whatever it is he is trying to freeze."

I dunno how much validity there is to that, but it sounds good to me.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
it's a good thing infamous will be a free game from psn now i can download it and finally play it

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Importing Infamous Saves into Infamous 2

If you beat the original Infamous, collected the 350 blast shards, and earned the Platinum Trophy, chances are you'd be down with Infamous 2 rewards based on those accomplishments. Developer Sucker Punch agrees.

When you boot up Infamous 2, you'll see an option that says "import Trophy data." By selecting it, the game will read your online Trophies and give you access to the following perks if you meet the criteria.

Have good or evil Trophies from Infamous: Start Infamous 2 at level 1 good karma or level 1 evil karma.

Infamous Trophy for 25 percent of the Blast Shards: Free energy core in Infamous 2.

Infamous Trophy for 50 percent of the Blast Shards: Two free energy cores.

Finished Infamous with any karma standing on any difficulty: 1,000 bonus XP for Infamous 2.

Specific Trophies for Specific Infamous decisions: Reflect side missions, Dead Drops and dialog variety in Infamous 2.

What do you think of these rewards? How many are you going to take advantage of? Let the world know in the comments below and make sure you check out the IGN Infamous 2 review.