Indy/Foreign wrestling

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2012
makin a thread to talk about wrestling outside of WWE and TNA

to get some discussions started.... Okada vs Tanahashi predictions, what do y'all think of Wrestle-1, or just use this topic to promote an indy wrestler you feel deserves recognition

May 24, 2002
Wrestle-1 is a perfect example of how so many Wrestling companies come about in Japan. Wrestler gets fired, makes his own little company out if spite.

That being said I think wrestle-1 will die off once mutoh settles everything with All Japan.

Okada vs tanahashi is a jap fan favorite. Despite it being their 4th singles match against each other they can still keep it fresh. I predict tanahashi to win the belt to set up naito vs tanahashi for the belt and that leaves okada vs nakamura for the IC title.

Last edited:
May 24, 2002
I was pretty surprised by that. Tanahashi said he wouldn't wrestle for the belt anymore if he lost (regardless of who the champion is.) I assume they will put him back in the title picture at somepoint because tanahashi is basically the John Cena of NJPW but with talent and the ability to carry anyone to a good match...

From what I've been hearing it was their best match yet and even Dave Meltzer gave it *****. I guess they are going to do Okada vs nakamura for a title vs title match at the Tokyo Dome or they will just do Okada vs Naito.

Feb 12, 2012
yeah it was a damn good match, they got the event on youtube but you gotta watch it in 15 min parts cuz the account got banned from postin anything longer. I can see an Okada/Naito match in the future although Naito is gonna have a tough challenge ahead of him in Minoru Suzuki who I can see knockin him off.

May 24, 2002
Fantastic match. Okada sold his arm well, I loved how he couldn't lock on his submission because his arm is fucked up.

Marafuji vs nakamura was pretty good too I was expecting much more though

Okada vs tanahashi

Props: JRV00RHEES
Feb 12, 2012
The match that disappointed me was the Forever Hooligans vs Taka/Taichi Junior Tag Title match. Their last match was excellent so I didnt like the quick finish in this one.

Feb 12, 2012
New Japan Road to Power Struggle 2013 results

Bushi/Valiente defeated KUSHIDA/Komatsu
Young Bucks defeated Kendrick/Barretta
Gedo/Jado defeated Jushin Liger/Tiger Mask
Forever Hooligans defeated Taka/Taichi
Minoru Suzuki defeated Sho Tanaka
Honma/Nakanishi defeated Tenzan/Captain New Japan
Tanahashi/Makabe/Nagata defeated Iizuka/Ishii/Yano by DQ
Ibushi/Naito defeated Tanaka/Takahashi
Devitt/Anderson/Fale defeated Okada/Nakamura/YOSHI-HASHI

May 24, 2002
The match that disappointed me was the Forever Hooligans vs Taka/Taichi Junior Tag Title match. Their last match was excellent so I didnt like the quick finish in this one.
I could care less. I'm more hyped up for TAKA Michinoku & Taichi (c) vs. Jado & Gedo. If J&G decide to give a fuck then this will end up being a great tag.

The card for the final Power Strugle show looks really good too...

NJPW “POWER STRUGGLE”, 11/9/13 (WPW/iPPV)
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium

1. Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Kota Ibushi vs. Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale
2. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
3. Special Singles Match: Tomoaki Honma vs. Katsuyori Shibata
4. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
5. IWGP Tag Team Title & NWA World Tag Team Title – 3WAY Irregular Rules Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Rob Conway & Jax Dane
6. NEVER Openweight Title (& IWGP Heavyweight Title shot): Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Masato Tanaka
7. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Karl Anderson

Feb 12, 2012
Taka/Taichi aint the champions no more the match the other night Forever Hooligans challenged them to make the match for the titles and they accepted with Hooligans winnin the match

Feb 12, 2012
just watched the match a couple nights ago they were matched up in the Junior tag tourney and before the match started Forever Hooligans challenged them to put the titles on the line and the challenge was accepted