IN COLLEGE AND HELLA DEPRESSED....CAN I GET SOME HELP FROM YALL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
i graduated in june from woodside hs and am now goin to csm but im leavin there and goin to foothill... im hopin that this is normal, but since ive graduated (and especially since i started college), ive been extremely depressed about not being in high school and not getting to be a kid or a teen anymore. i know im still young and stuff, but i feel like im too old to have fun and i dont look forward to anything, such as my mustang or being a pro wrestler (4 monthz ago, u woulda asked me what was wrong with me if u heard me say that)...i mean, even hittin up a party friday night doesnt seem exciting...i dont feel like working and even goin to the gym isnt fun either and this is all being caused by the fact that i miss HS so much and dont like being an adult...so is this normal? i would REALLY appreciate some responses from people....thankz

May 21, 2002
Life can be fuckin depressing thats normal.

Id rather be a grown man than a kid though.

Move on, shit happens, life changes, change with it and adapt.

you are lucky to have these choices, most people i know didnt go to college, too busy tryin to feed hungry mouths.

You will survive.

Roxy

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
redtownhomie, it is VERY normal. It usually happens with a major change in your life. Try and think about all the great things that go along w/ being older. Like being wiser, being able to be independent, better parties, hot older girls/ guys (sorry don't know your sex) and just general things that come w/ growing older. I know it's easy to say, but my BF went through the same thing. Give yourself time, and don't be so hard on yourself. Just know that is a passing thing and many of us go through it. Also try and get out, even if U don't feel like it. U might have fun and it will take your mind off the depression. :classic:

Apr 26, 2002
Foothill Eh, thatz where i go, Really Though, I was goin' through the same thing. If you are responsible, things should be cool.
Try not to think of it as a bad thing. As a matter of fact I am So glad I'm not in High School anymore, there is so much bullshit goin' on in high school. In College, people are there to learn, itz a different setting, although there are sum peeps @foothill that treat it like High school. They all sit in the Quad by the Library and Bullshit. I never hang out at school, I get there, take my class and leave. College can open up a whole new life for you, don't pass it up. Good Luck!

May 16, 2002
Yeah its normal man...Just try to be positive when adviserty comes...I know its hard but just keep your head up and stay strong bruh...

After Every Dark Day Theres Always A Brighter One - 2Pac

May 3, 2002
If not being in high school is depressing you, you're thinking about it too much. Try to get into your classes and school and you'll find yourself forgetting about the past.
Like homie up there said, a lot of people don't have the previledge of going to college, so take advantage of it, gradute, then get depressed.
What do you consider fun?

May 3, 2002
I kind of get it now that BIG J mentioned it...
Did you take high school serious? I know I didn't. Once I got kicked out and was sent to a continuation school, I though I had gotten serious, but I didn't... my acquaintances acted like they were in high school still (talked back to teacher, slept in class, listened to music during class time, cut certain classes, showed up late, etc.) Once I turned 19 and was not permitted in a regular high school (I had to enroll to community college), I decided to get serious. I noticed that about 95% of the students aiming at a G.E.D. or high school diploma were far more serious than my previous experiences. The other 5% looked foolish acting like they were still in high school and were not tolerated... maybe this 5% would get depressed if they went to college and kept seeing it like high school since everyone's so focused and doesn't play (like in high school)?

Question: Do you see college like high school?

ALEX

Sicc OG
Jun 29, 2002
BIG J knows what hes talkin bout, at every college theres some annoyin ass lil groupies (is what i like to call em) and theres folks that are serious.

HEY college is BETTER than high school, Go to 1-2 or 3 classes and BOUNCE, whats so bad about that?

May 1, 2002
IM GOING TO DE ANZA N YEAH I MISS HS TO BUT BIG J IZ RIGHT PPL IN COLLEGE R THERE TO LEARN THO' I RATHER HAVE THESE OPTIONZ THAN BEING N JAIL OR OUT THERE HUSTLIN UP TO NOTHING BUT TROUBLE

Apr 25, 2002
www.SICCNESS.NET
REDTOWN THIS IS LOU-E-LOU....ITS ALL IN THE PART OF GROWING UP HOMIE....YOU HAVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF YOU -N- HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO CHOOSE A PRODUCTIVE FUTURE....GO TO COLLEGE PLAYBOY -N- DO SOMETHING POSITIVE BENEFITING YOU -N- YOUR LOVE ONES AROUND YOU....I SEE BY YOUR NAME YOU REPRESENT....SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR HOMIES AROUND YOU MIGHT START A TREND -N- INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE PEN GET EDUCATED -N- OWN SHIT....MY ONLY WAY OUT IS RAP HOMIE, IM A MULTIPLE FELON....I CANT VOTE,LEGALLY OWN A FIRE ARM OR HOLD ANY GOVERMENT EMPLOYMENT....I DID IT TO MYSELF....YOU GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOMETHING REALLY GOOD TAKE ADVANTAGE MAKE YOUR LOVE ONES PROUD....

B

Blackjack 1577

Once you get use to college you won't feel depressed anymore, trust me

You'll see that it's a lot better than high school but it takes time to adjust

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

when you're depressed because of that
grab the nearest hyna and plow away.

i get that feeling often, not because of my age, but i get the feeling that my better days are behind me

but think of it this way, you have infinite chances of not being broke now

shiiit, when i graduate in february and get a good paying job, i'm a keep stayin at my momma's house and ball like a fukin' fool :classic:

oh coy!

Apr 25, 2002
I think most people feel like that when they start something new. I never really missed high school, but I used to get hella depressed when I felt like I had no direction in college. I felt like I was paying big money to take bullshit classes. Things changed when I found what I knew I wanted to do. I've met some of the coolest people in my life while attending college. College is a completely different atmosphere than high school. Once you adjust to it, you'll enjoy it and think high school was bullshit. Good luck folks.......