IMO, the best 3 bands of alltime

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
bare in mind, Im an 80s baby so I did most of my growin up in the 90s.

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers... I mean cmon.. how many phenomenal songs do these guys have? They drop gem after gem. They still make great music and they been doin it from the mid-late 80s. I also love how their style has evolved over time. Usually, when bands adapt their sound, it tends to decrease in quality. But RHCP continue to elevate their music.

2. Nirvana. All I gotta say is check out their catalog. Its not long (because of kurt), but I cant think of one song they've made that I thought was bad. Nevermind was, and still is, one of the greatest albums ever made.

3. Green Day. Their career has kinda been a roller coaster. They started off with a bang, at a peak I dont think they never again reached and probably never will, with Dookie (Im not counting the underground kerplunk). Their next 4 albums were different. They changed their style a lot and not as eloquently as Red Hot Chili Peppers in my opinion. Wasnt a big fan of Insomnia but though Nimrod was cool. They totally redeemed themselves with American Idiot though. That was my shit.

honorable mentions include: Sound Garden, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead

Jan 28, 2005
maybe you should consider revising the title to be the best bands of the 90s.

and not putting Rage Against The Machine in your honorable mentions- at the very least- is a terrible idea.

May 15, 2002
I'm the same way as Nuttkase, my top 3 are always Metallica, Pink Floyd, and AIC, but everything else changes almost daily. Nirvana and the Chili Peppers play(ed) the same song over and over, but I guess the difference is that I like Nirvana's song, the Chili Peppers never did anything for me. I think the vocalist is kind of pretentious and annoying also, which is what kills them more than anything to me.

BTW, this is jut to promote discussion, not to argue or talk shit...

p.s. Soundgarden rules!!!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I was talking to my friend a couple weeks ago and we agreed that in 20 years RHCP should be talked about as one of the better bands of all time. It's hard as shit to put out actual good pop music and they've done it for years and years. Faith No More was doing the same shit back in the day and they barely made it halfway thru the 90's (Patton not included)

And I love everything Green Day did up to and including Nimrod, then it all sorta went downhill for me.

Top 3 bands of all time
1. Beatles
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Rolling Stones

not my favorites but they shaped what modern music is today. And my top 3 favorites are all current bands still making music so it's hard to say they're the best when their next album could suck and I'd have to find someone new lol. But I guess my top band would be Queens of the Stone Age.

May 16, 2002
im with you on nirvana 100 percent. they paved the way for so many bands into the mainstream, for good or bad.

my 2 and 3 will always be smashing pumpkins and pennywise. Billy Corgan has great talent and song writing skills and Pennywise's "unkown road" was the punk album that got me into punk music back when i was like 12 or 13.

May 2, 2002
maybe you should consider revising the title to be the best bands of the 90s.

and not putting Rage Against The Machine in your honorable mentions- at the very least- is a terrible idea.
like I said.. I was raised mainly in the 90s. Maybe you should take a closer look at my title and understand that IMO = in my opinion.. not in killaklowns opinion. And in my opinion, Rage sucks ass.

May 2, 2002
On a side note, it's not that I dont like older music. I just have never really been exposed to it. I'm sure all the aforementioned bands are great, I just havent had the chance to give them a good listen.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
as far as music goes and what I was exposed to...

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Rage Against The Machine
4. Prince

honourable mention: Chilli Peppers, Soundgarden, Duran Duran and The Roots (my blackness didn't allow for me not to include them)

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Duran Duran and Tears for Fears has to be in my top 5 though.
Shit, I meant to put alice in chains as a honorable mention. And Tears for Fears' every body wants to rule the world was my jam back in the day.
Funny enough I'm listening to Tears for Fears as I read these posts. Both The Hurting and Songs from the Big Chair would easily make it in my top 50 albums of all time. Probably even in the top 20.