Immortal Technique next to Akon and Rich Boy???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Aztek

My Mom Sucks Cock For Crack
Mar 6, 2007
HOT 97 -

Good news for all you independent artists out there. The Associated Press reports Clear Channel Communications, CBS Radio, Entercom Communications and Citadel Broadcasting, which together own more than 1,500 radio stations, agreed to pay $12.5 million in fines to end an investigation into payola and put an end to the practice.As part of the agreement, all four broadcasters will provide 8,400 half-hour segments of free airtime to independent record labels and local artists. The free airtime would be granted to companies not owned or controlled by the nation's four dominant music labels - Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group and EMI Group.

All of the afomentioned major labels have been involved in the payola scandals which they resolved with multi-million settlements in the past two years. In addition to airplay, the broadcasters and the independent labels have also negotiated a set of "rules of engagement" that will guide how record company representatives and radio programmers interact. The new "rules of engagement" are aimed at requiring equal access to radio music programmers for all record companies as well as transparency in their dealings.This is a huge step for independent music worldwide. On the surface it seems as though this could be the equivalent of winning the lotto for music fans. This could literally change the landscape of the entire music industry. BUT.. we all know how these corporations operate, so I’ll believe it when I hear it.

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
HAHA...if you read you would realize it is about far greater things that imortal techniques air time........D/R

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
immortal tech wouldnt last 5 mins in the mainsteam

he is one of my favorite artists but the general public isnt ready for him...they never will be

hate to agree with gas one cause he is pretty much called me a nerd but its the truth,haha

that goes for any underground hip hop artist

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
Jake said:

he is one of my favorite artists but the general public isnt ready for him...they never will be

hate to agree with gas one cause he is pretty much called me a nerd but its the truth,haha

Immortal tech was just an example...read the post homie

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Aztek said:
Immortal tech was just an example...read the post homie
so im not allowed to comment on tech then? you used him as an example and so am i...whats the difference?

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
so what your telling me is in your oppinion there is no indie rapper that could hack it with the commercial rappers who monopolize radio play?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Jake said:

that goes for any underground hip hop artist
dont get me wrong. i own every myka 9 solo there is and hes probably my top 3 favorite rappers..i love underground music (although i listen to alot of southern rap, mainstream and gangster rap too)....

but immortal technique on the radio? that shit is laughable.
like you might hear immortal technique on the radio after 9pm, when mutha fuckas got better shit to do than tune in and the crazy mutha fucka is allowed to play records, but immortal technique will NEVER get air in the daytime. ever.

thats not even hating. no one wants to hear that mutha fucka rant all on the radio about politics and important events and reveloution and whining about why independent rappers arent making money blah blah.

i mean, do we all remember what happened on 106 and park when immortal technique battled?

that is a direct indication of how much no one gives a fuck about immortal technique.

sorry to break hearts, or what not.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
and theres alot of underground artists that make it in the mainstream. matter fact, every fucking rapper thats sucessful is. lil flip was once, a underground rapper. do you think rappers just appear out of nowhere? they were all once underground rappers until they were sucessful.

the "underground rapper" and the situation you think of aztek, is some super space rap fool that you swear is gonna rise out of obscurity like the creature from the black lagoon and all the sudden make radio hits

that type of shit dosent happen.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Aztek said:
so what your telling me is in your oppinion there is no indie rapper that could hack it with the commercial rappers who monopolize radio play?
without compromising who they are?...probably not. do i think they can hack it talent-wise? OF COURSE! you are talking to the king of all backpackers.but the biggest underground aritsts (little brother,mf doom,atmosphere,etc) have had plenty of exposure in many outlets with no success. dont see why even lesser known artists would have any more chance than they did.

people think that if you just put some dope underground rapper on the radio all of a sudden everybody is going to think its tight and they will blow up. doesnt work like that. if that was the case acts like i have mentioned would of blown up years ago.

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
Gas One said:
dont get me wrong. i own every myka 9 solo there is and hes probably my top 3 favorite rappers..i love underground music (although i listen to alot of southern rap, mainstream and gangster rap too)....

but immortal technique on the radio? that shit is laughable.
like you might hear immortal technique on the radio after 9pm, when mutha fuckas got better shit to do than tune in and the crazy mutha fucka is allowed to play records, but immortal technique will NEVER get air in the daytime. ever.

thats not even hating. no one wants to hear that mutha fucka rant all on the radio about politics and important events and reveloution and whining about why independent rappers arent making money blah blah.

i mean, do we all remember what happened on 106 and park when immortal technique battled?

that is a direct indication of how much no one gives a fuck about immortal technique.

sorry to break hearts, or what not.

word....i only chose I.T. as an example because he symbalizes the underground struggle I.M.O......but there a plenty of Indie artists who deserve air time over Akon and Rich Boy....not to take away from their fire but swiching up the playlist is far from a bad thing......

Gas One

May 24, 2006
why exactly, do they deserve airplay over akon and richboy?

what if i said that akon has a longer track record of producing music than you know? what if he hustles harder?

i dont listen to richboy much (ive heard one song) but why does a underground rapper deserve airtime over a song about throwing dayton rims on your car?

this is the radio were talking about. these people are singing about girls, parties, putting accesories on your cars and balling. if your in your car, that makes more sense.

put it this way. when your in the strip club, cannibal ox aint gonna make the strippers give everyone head for free.

theres a time and place for music. thought provoking underground rap just isnt the best fit for driving. and it dont bump in the car the same, niether.

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
Jake said:
but the biggest underground aritsts (little brother,mf doom,atmosphere,etc) have had plenty of exposure in many outlets with no success. dont see why even lesser known artists would have any more chance than they did.

they failed because the aloted air time was held hostage by huge record companies.....but now due to the revelation of the "payola scandals" the exposure they do get will be more constant.....

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
Gas One said:
do you think rappers just appear out of nowhere?

LMFAO.....there are those artist who chose not to sell out to major labels who will sculpture their "work" into a more 'marketable' scheme.......therefore killing all originality.....

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
You sign to a major record company so that they will support you, they take an investment in YOU.....but in return for the most part.....your shit is under the scrutiny of some wack record exec.....what does he know about hip hop?....we are the ones who know about hip hop.....and the artists who create it.....so yea...selling out homie

Dec 17, 2004
Gas One said:
but why does a underground rapper deserve airtime over a song about throwing dayton rims on your car?
because making a song about throwing dayton rims on your car is just as retarded as making a song about eating a flinstones push pop while you ride a unicorn to venus. its just gay. especially when there have been so many songs on the radio about that same gay shit. theres just no substance to that content
Gas One said:
put it this way. when your in the strip club, cannibal ox aint gonna make the strippers give everyone head for free.
no. kid rock music will. does that make kid rock cool?

Gas One said:
theres a time and place for music. thought provoking underground rap just isnt the best fit for driving. and it dont bump in the car the same, niether.
clubs ok. but in the car? thought provoking underground rap sounds great in my car. i dont know, when im in my car it doesnt make me go, "hmm, i feel like listening to repetitive formulaic hip hop about clothes, jewlery, girls, and cars." id rather listen to right wing spanish religious radio than that bullshit