if you could make a hip hop super group...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
lil b, mtv's riff raff, nicky minaj

and

tonylo on production

shit would be FIYA!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
earl sweatshirt, el-p & danny brown
exile

a-wax, french montana & prodigy
harry fraud

action bronson, gza & cormega
necro

celph titled, riff raff & savage-c
doesn't matter who's producing because it would be the funniest album ever made

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
There has yet to be a supergroup that actually lives up to the combined potential of its members. Why not just scrap the whole idea altogether?

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
There has yet to be a supergroup that actually lives up to the combined potential of its members. Why not just scrap the whole idea altogether?
I liked La Coka Nostra's "A Brand We Can Trust" album. Some might not consider that a "super group" project but as big fan of all those guy, it was to me. I can agree though that most of the super group's that have been put together have failed, both musically and in a sales.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I liked La Coka Nostra's "A Brand We Can Trust" album. Some might not consider that a "super group" project but as big fan of all those guy, it was to me. I can agree though that most of the super group's that have been put together have failed, both musically and in a sales.
And there's a very good reason for it - first, many of these projects happen as desperate attempts to revive the careers of the individual members, but what is more often (almost always in fact) the problem is that putting several established MCs together in the same group is prohibitve to the establishment of the kind of chemistry between the MCs that made the classic hip-hop groups of the past so great. Hip-hop has gotten a lot more individual in the last 10-15 years - groups used to be the norm up until somewhere in the mid 90s, then they gradually disappeared and it's been almost all solo MC's since then. And groups used to trade rhymes with each other, have each individual's lyrics be part of a coherent whole, and make tracks sounded like and were based on the fact that everyone was in the studio at the time of recording and actively engaged in a very collaborative creative process. Now, it's all MC A drops the first verse, MC B drops the second, etc. and a lot of the time the content of those verses is such that they may be inserted just as well on dozens of other tracks, so it all ends up souding very incoherent and uninspired. Add to that my suspicion that many MCs go into these projects with the attitude "We have the super group, I can take it a bit more easily than usual, the other will carry the weight", which when everyone approaches things the same way is a guarantee for something half-assed, and it's no wonder these albums never live up to the hype

Oct 27, 2008
current list:

bronson, exquire, sean price - necro beats.

killah priest, holocaust, jus allah - bronze nazareth beats

HD, Lil Rod, Lil Rue - dj fresh beats

andy milinokis, riff raff, dirt nasty - whatever the fuck they want

v-nasty, v-nasty, v-nasty - phonk beta beats