IF THE BAY DONT BLOW I AINT MAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BO

Sicc OG
Jul 27, 2004
  • BO

BO

WHO OF YALL OUT THERE WOULD BE FINE WITH THE BAY NEVER BLOWIN UP? RAP IS WIERD, UNLIKE COUNTRY MUSIC, CLASSIC ROCK, FUNK, ANY OTHER GENRE OF MUSIC. REAL GOOD RAP NEVER GETS PLAYED. YOU NEVER HEAR OF CORNY CLASSICAL OR HALF ASS OPERA. I WAS WATCHING TV AND THEY ALREADY HAD A INFOMERCIAL FOR 90'S RAP. YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT SONGS WERE ON THERE. I WAS LIKE DAM ALL THOSE SONGS SUCK. THE 90'S. THE PEAK OF HARD RAP IS THIS WHAT PEOPLE WILL REMEMBER? NOW WHEN I WATCH THOSE INFOMERCIALS OF SONGS OF THE 60'S 70'S 80'S IM THINKING TO MYSELF. THOSE SONGS PROBABLY SUCKED TO ALOT OF PEOPLE. THIS MAINSTREAM SHIT IS REALLY RUINING MUSIC THERES PROBABLY KNOCKIN ASS OLDIES I WILL NEVER GET TO HEAR CUZ THE GROUP WAS INDEPENDENT. I AM PROUD OF HOW THE BAY IS INDEPENDENT AND I CANT SEE HOW RAPPERS ON MAJOR LABELS CAN CLAIM TO BE HUSTLERS WHEN THEY RUN TO THERE EXEC AND PERFORM THERE SINGLE BEFORE IT GETS MASTERED. I THINK MILLIONS OF YEARS FROM NOW YOUNG ALIEN TEENS WILL DIG A HUGE HOLE IN THE EARTH AND COME ACROSS A RASPUTINS AND SAY DAM "THE BAY IS BACK" THIS SHIT IS RAW. ALL I CAN SAY IS IF THE BAY NEVER BLOWS UP I WILL BE PROUD OF THE REASON WHY AND FEEL PRIVELEDGED TO UP ON THIS SHIT ALL THE HARD WORK LOCAL RAPPERS HAVE DONE TO THIS POINT CAN NOT GO UNRECOGNIZED FOR TOO LONG, SHIT, FANS OUT HERE PUT UP HELLA SCRILLA AS WELL SO EVERYONE CAN SHINE.AT LEAST WHEN WE REFLECT AND LOOK BACK AT OUR MUSIC WHEN WE ARE OLD WE WONT HAVE TO BUMP SOME BUBBLE GUM ASS CORNY SHIT. ALSO UNLIKE PRIOR GENERATIONS WERE SO AHEAD OF THE GAME, I THINK OUR GRAND CHILDREN WILL STILL KNOCK MAC DRE, BLH, KEEK, YUK, ETC..THEY WONT BE BUMPIN (LL) OR (50) WOULD THEY?

Nov 1, 2004
thats real talk. makes muphakas so proud of where there from. independent is exactly how niggas from the bay area. our music marks how we are a a culture real talk.

Apr 22, 2005
I THINK MILLIONS OF YEARS FROM NOW YOUNG ALIEN TEENS WILL DIG A HUGE HOLE IN THE EARTH AND COME ACROSS A RASPUTINS AND SAY DAM "THE BAY IS BACK" THIS SHIT IS RAW.
ahahahahaha you a fool for that one but I feel where you comin from.I think us folks in the Bay need to recognize that our culture is alot about bein independently owned and sayin fuck a trend or a mainstream influenece.I'd like for our independent scene to just keep gettin bigger and bigger and us caterin to our own audience,not only is that shit beneficial to US but also a true "Hip-Hop" state of mind no matter what the music sounds like.I say that because as we know before white folks realized the potential this culture has to make profit Hip-Hop was all about the people and not what some muthafucka tells you is good.I hope music like Zion I,The Coup,Paris and the messages they contain gets bigger too cuz that would be the SHIT.We need that balance of sound out there,fuck seperation,only "backpacker" music is them white boys that aint really up on game and rappin bout some ol lame shit.Dont get me wrong theres some tight white mc's out there but alot of that shit is corny and I think they gave that "backpacker" shit a bad rap.ALL BAY U BEEZIES!! WHAAAA

Apr 20, 2005
yea and being indepedent will keep it strictly BAY AREA and big companies wont exploit it and make it a quick 1 year fad. Crunk will die out but the bay music will live on!

Apr 25, 2002
I wouldnt mind if the bay blew up...the only reason I want the bay to blow up is so when Im 70 years old chillin on my porch at the old folks home bumpin some Mac Dre all the other OGs will know Thizz is What It Is.

Jan 27, 2005
this is always a interesting topic, to blow up or not to blow up?? my opinion is that if we blow up i hope we blow up but stay the same cuz if "the execs" of this world that run the "mainstream" music scene get there hands on this bay shit, its all gonna go to hell and i feel i wont even like bay music no more, right now its all i listen to, with the exception of my other tastes, like oldies, funk ect. ect.,i was born in the bay and lived there for half my life, its wierd cuz bay music isnt underground in the bay, but everywhere else its underground, its like andre nicka-who?? equip-who?? messy-what?? keak-WHO!!!?? it feels good when, im in fresno right now, i can roll up to a light knockin some keak or king nicky or queezy and the guy next to me looks over like damn whats he bumpin that shits the shit shit shit. i wouldnt wanna roll up and everyone be bumpin the same shit, it kinda makes me feel not too original ya know, i dunno, like i said, this is a interesting topic.

May 12, 2002
^^^same here^^^ born and raised in monterey bay, bumping brotha lynch, x raided, mr kee, mac dre and the list goes on. our music style is unique, and cannot be played out. i still bump stupid doo doo dumb in my ride. and it feels good being out here in texas and listening to people bumping some bay area music and not know who it is or where they are from, all they know is that they can feel it and that it sounds good. yall keep it real up there for me...aight!

Jun 28, 2005
Im a keep it real in my own eyes the bay is always gonna b different from the mainstream because we independent and we gonna get it how we do. all these niggaz goin ta big labels is playin they self cause they goin from gettin 7$ a cd to 1$ and gettin money up front apposed 2 sellin on the undergroound and eattin all the bread. so the bay is blown we just dont make videos or get alot help from the radio stations and shit like that but the bay always gon b the bay cause thats the bay way.

Jul 4, 2005
Un Just said:
fuck the execs

sign nothing but distribution deals.. and nobody will be able to change your shit

I dunno, MTV always messes with the artists head and makes them believe they're something they are not. But i want to say that ppl all over the world like some bay area rap, not just ppl in bay area. Its crazzy though that it isn't in the mainstream yet.

Jul 4, 2002
Shyne_gurl said:
... But i want to say that ppl all over the world like some bay area rap, not just ppl in bay area. Its crazzy though that it isn't in the mainstream yet.

True! I can tell you certain Bay artists got a lot of fans in europe. Here in Germany we got mailorders specialized in selling independent rap from the Bay and South. There were even sellers on ebay Germany offering Treal TV and the Mac Dre presents Exhibition of Speed DVD.

I don't think those independent labels sell very big numbers of CDs out here but certain artists sell solid amounts of CDs.

May 16, 2002
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico now and The Team is the most requested on the radio next to that Mike Jones shit. I didn't know they were from Oakland till they said it on a radio interview. I honestly thought they were another down south rap group that makes booty shakin' music. I think they are doing the right thing by going in a different direction with their sound to appeal to the mass audience.

Jun 13, 2002
i mean if the bay blows, then that'll be coo, if not, then that'll still be coo. cause its always gone be money out here and ways to eat off this shit, if ur a real hustla ya feel me....thats how we been gettin down, so its nuthin. from my point of view as long as i can eat off my music, and wont have to stress off bread from project to project, then all is good, feel me...