If somebody claims he never got my item and I think he's lying...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2005
...can I do anything if I ain't got no tracking number? I shipped a playstation game to somebody a month ago, I don't remember him ever contacting me again. Now suddenly I get an email from paypal saying I got a complaint filed against me. Claims he never got his item. I shipped two other PS games the same day and they both arrived quickly. Shipped a bunch more shit and to my knowledge, the buyers always got em. But I never used tracking numbers, probably cause as a buyer I ordered dozens of cds and shit in the last 3-4 years and always got them. Seems though like since I can't prove I shipped it (I just bought an enveloppe, prepared it at home then put it in the mail), I automatically lose and I have to refund him. Only receipt I might have is the one showing I bought an enveloppe and some stamps, and it doesn't prove anything.
Is there anything I can do? If I just don't refund him, what's gonna happen with paypal?

Apr 25, 2002
^^thats why you should get tracking numbers, 60 cents is alot cheaper then what your gonna pay back...What can you do? dont make the same mistake twice

Mar 30, 2006
^^^he's right, it cant be that much just refund the cash,but if you feel there was fraud involved you can contact the usps postmaster general.I doubt they will do anything for you but it is illeagal to use the mail for fraud .Paypal will take the money from your account if there is any money in it,If no money is in the account they will suspend the account (after contacting you for the funds)and may try other means to get the fund(bank accounts,ects).

Sep 30, 2005
I will in the future, but right now this shit is bothering me... it was a rare game, sold for $97.00. I hate to have to refund that punk when I don't even believe he didn't received it... Shit I can think of better ways to spend a hundred.

Mar 30, 2006
^^^dammm $97.00 I thought it was like 10 bucks or something.Have you contact the buyer to see what they say about it other than they didnt receive it?(like verify their address,ect)What makes you think the buyer is lying?

Sep 30, 2005
I did contact the buyer, I didn't get any reply. What makes me think he's lying his primarily that 1) he never asked me what was up with the package, which anybody would have it done seeing it wasn't arriving, 2)I actually contacted him to ask if he had gotten it a while ago cause he hadn't left feedback and he didn't reply, 3)I sent two other PS games the same day and they got there quick.

May 2, 2002
home.comcast.net
If you shipped the item to New Orleans, Louisiana then they probably aren't lying. I have one customer who hasn't rec'd a package I sent her on 3/17. I know she is not lying because I attached Delivery Confirmation on her package and the USPS online status for that package only shows the acceptance time and day. It doesn't show the package ever arriving or being delivered. Up to this day, its still not updated....

May 2, 2002
home.comcast.net
Meandme said:
I will in the future, but right now this shit is bothering me... it was a rare game, sold for $97.00. I hate to have to refund that punk when I don't even believe he didn't received it... Shit I can think of better ways to spend a hundred.
But then again I think he's trying to rob you!! $97 for a game and stating he never got it!! I dunno know mayne, smells like fish sauce to me. Shit!! Was it The Legend of Zelda 1 GOLD NES Game?!? LOL..

Sep 30, 2005
Nah, it was Suikoden II on the playstation, mint & complete. It's rare and usually goes for around $100... and nah, it wasn't in New Orleans or anywhere in Lousiana... matter of fact the address was in Phoenix, AZ... Doesn't seem like I can do shit but refund though, else it'll fuck up my account.

Oct 15, 2004
hey check this. i sold a cd on ebay. i won't say what though cuzz some lyin ass might say its his on here but anyway.i sold it for like 65.00 back in january. when he paid i printed the address they provided thru pay pal. and taped it on the package. i just received it back almost 4 months later. it says the address wasn't a address. i never got a complaint about the cd or nothing. so now i got the rare cd back again..what can i do..add it back to the collection..fuck it.