Ideal dimensions for CD cover?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2006
What are the ideal dimensions for photoshop on CD front covers I used 4.75 by 4.75 inches but that seem's to small? Also got any tips before I start designing the cover for best results?

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Captain Kyle said:
What are the ideal dimensions for photoshop on CD front covers I used 4.75 by 4.75 inches but that seem's to small? Also got any tips before I start designing the cover for best results?

The dimensions for an insert to my knowledge and what I follow are 5" x 5" @ 300 DPI.

This includes a 0.25" BLEED.

So in it's final form the cover should be 4.75 x 4.75.

But when you design an insert, always include the bleed and also make the guide for it so you know where your Trim Edge is and your Safety Edge.

Use templates as a guide to keep you on the right track but eventually you should be able to do this all on your own, so you don't need to play around with templates, you should be able to make your own.

Peace.

tosin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2004
www.thescrewshop.com
Mr. Samos said:
That is 0.25" too small. You need to add the bleed.
thats not true all the time...if you are printing them at home or at like kinkos or something simulr you need to remove the bleed from the final image...cuz all they are gonna do is print it directly on the paper...