idea

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
i know everybody has heard of a street team
but my idea is how about a online team there is allot of people online
from ever town you could think of so its more easy to click on a cities name
then actually go there i know going there would be better but for now i
think an online team would be a good way to spread not only street levels
music but northwest rap/hip hop also i have been doing in for a minutte
and have got at least 10 people to peep street levels site out anyways just throwing it out there to
see what people think

dak iller aka Doug

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
aight, aight...ill speak on it....

I personally have worries about it.....who would it include? "Established" artists only, signed artists only, aging veterans who are vocally promiscuous and are too scared to battle only, etc...? (if you figured out the last one, you get a cookie)

If you told me about a local cd, seattle, tacoma whatever....and hooked me up with some CDs...whatever you handed me is already sold, ya underdig? Its all about how i speak on a product, and if i like it or not....or if i like the Label owner or not....or if the the artist is still on the label and can actually do live shows or not...ya underdig?

Aight, ima stop speaking in obscure insults, and end this with a closing: ....How? Can you elaborate?

May 4, 2002
i meant what i said to spread northwest rap/hip hop it doesnt matter if your
signed or even on a label but it would help to have songs on the net so you can have a place for people to go listen to them does that explain it???? or were you looking for something else??

Dak

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Best way i can think of to spread NW hiphop is to make some mixtapes, and....yeah...combine it with your idea, and slang those around.......but dont nobody wanna waste their time with Mixtapes, since you dont make a dime off of em.....so.....we's all is fucked until people realize that up front money isnt everything :eek:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
SHUT UP ABOUT THE MIXTAPES. And where's my cookie? You're stupid for always talkin shit on Cool Nutz, he's a cool ass cat. Just cause you can only rap on the computer doesn't mean you need to talk shit to established artists, with REAL albums, REAL labels, and REAL contracts.

I also like the idea of the online team.....But I'm always talking about Street Level where ever I go anyway....lol....

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
The last time i "rapped on the computer" was about 2 months ago when i went to chat.yahoo.com and freestyled for about an hour or so with the people who were there. 1) i was paid nothing, 2) i got nothing from it, 3) it wasnt recorded, which means 4) i had NOTHING to show from it....But does that bother me? Of course not....i musta flowed a good 150, 200 bars off top, and i didnt save none of em...thats practice to me, its like runnin laps around a gym....im in my rhymin fitness.....not to many other people around here is.....

Mixtapes is the way to go, no matter how you slice it....you can put 37 CDs in a "care package" all you want with all the posters, flyers, t-shirts, stickers, bells, whistles, twinkies, and anything else you can think of.....but it doesnt show the cohesion. (...What the fuck i just said? Ah well, anyways....)

Cohesion. Cooperation. Teamwork. Organization.

50 CDs in a box is like "Hi, i want to sell my album. And look, i have friends with albums. Please buy their albums too!"

A mixtape is like... "Hi, we all donated 2 free tracks to the streets. Please consider purchasing our album."

This is the impressions i get from the 2:

50 CDs in a box = labels are basically "putting up with each other" so they can try to get each other on the map...you scratch my back, ill scratch yours....blah blah blah...its for SUCKA and PUSSY LABELS!!

Mixtapes = Labels are all working like a single unit, pumpin out track after track, whether its for a specific project or not...whether its gonna make money or not....whether its EVER gonna be on another cd/tape again or not...

See the difference?

I personally would MUCH RATHER hand out some mixtapes than try to scratch backs, and only fuck with specific labels, or people i like and avoid the people i dont like........if someone makes a LEGIT mixtape, and ive got a track on it, cool nutz got 2 tracks on it, Sarkastik got 2 tracks on it, Dividenz got a track on it......

---i dont care if i got some of these artists ready to "put hands on me" or not...the bottom line is, if somebody asks where they can get the album of one of these artists.....im gonna tell em.....and i'd hope everyone else would do the same for me.

So...basically.....online promotion through URLs/Websites....probably not.....but online promotion through MP3 channels (Yes, mp3 channels...dont know what an mp3 channel is? You're not alone....you're a very disconnected, idle person on the internet, but you're not alone.....)......yes. I'd tell everybody where to cop the new Mixtapes, which tracks to pay attention to, what labels some of the artists are on, etc......

I aint gonna keep a *.txt file with a big ass list of URLs.....but if someone puts forth the effort to organize some MT's....then ill MEMORIZE them url's, nah mean?

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
sorry bout the novel.....if you hadnt noticed, there's some things im interested in that i like to speak on, and some things i could really care less about that aint worth more than a sentence :eek:

May 4, 2002
you dont need a mixtape to promote northwest rap/hip hop online
cats like street level records allready have 5 cds to promote like i said before
you dont need to have cds out to promote just as long as you have a few
songs on the net somewhere

but anyways is anybody down to start this online street team thingy
i thought it was a hella good idea but i guess only me and sixxness is down
i guess we know who is gonna be on the real street team when ever that
comes around lol riiiight anyways im gonna keep doing my part spreading
northwest rap/hip hop online and on the streets with flyers and sample cds
shoot its the least i can do in return of 5 hella dope cds right right and plus i
feel like im doing my part putting northwest rap/hip hop on the map anyways
maybe i can get some more replies on this peace

DAK

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
tadou said:
I personally would MUCH RATHER hand out some mixtapes than try to scratch backs, and only fuck with specific labels, or people i like and avoid the people i dont like........

(...)

I aint gonna keep a *.txt file with a big ass list of URLs.....but if someone puts forth the effort to organize some MT's....then ill MEMORIZE them url's, nah mean?
Thats the summary....i personally aint gonna go around pasting URLs all over the place, but i *CAN* distribute mixtapes....if you wanna use the D word!

May 4, 2002
80 veiws and only 2 people replied

yo Mr. D-Sane maybe if you speak about it cats will give you there opinions
i tried but i guess nobody wants to let me know there opinion

Doug