I'd Like 2 Know If These Cat's Will Show!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
I'd Like 2 Know If These Cats Will Show!

When I was growing up I learned early that the best way to get something I wanted was to team up with someone who has already done it, or has some experience w/it.

I played Soccer, Baseball and Football. We had our star players that would carry the team, but we did it as a unit.

What I'm getting at is are the guys who have been in the biz for a minute going to come and show their support.

Here's a list of the cats I'm just curious about:
Brotha Lynch
C-Bo
Spice 1
Mac Mall
D-Shot
Mac Dre
I know Tayda Tay & Black C will be there!
Richie Rich
Luni Coleone
Cool Nutz
Bosko
I'll stop w/ the names here because I want to get on with what I want to let out.

Are the guys who YOU PAY AS FEATURES gonna come and help lead the charge?

Or are we just a cash cow that produces quick cash when they're in a jam or THEIR sales are down?

With established names like that we could do some damage. I'm not saying we won't be able to alone, but even Jimmy Hoffa had to get some support from other teamsters to accomplish what cat's from his era did. (I don't want to end up like him though!)

Is Murder Dog gonna come, or are they gonna keep raising their prices?
Is SHOWCASE gonna come/ Are you Frank?

We have been taken advantage of for a LONG time.

Absurd prices. Ridiculous circulation.

We WILL come together and BE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH.

I don't care about hurting feelings. And I don't burn any bridges either, I just tell it like it is. The same way I expect to be talked to if I'm fucking up.

30-40 labels in this union will be a HUGE accomplishment. We will be in a better position to bargain and barter.

Why won't radio play our shit? Because we don't do anything about it!

Why does the price of print ads keep going up? Because we don't do anything about it!

Why can't we get articles written about us? Because we don't do anything about it!

THIS IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALL AND I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED!

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN WHEN KMEL SEES 500 PEOPLE PICKETING IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICES? PLAY OUR SHIT!

WHAT'S KSFM GONNA DO WHEN THEY HAVE 500 PEOPLE PICKETING IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICES? PLAY OUR SHIT!

WHAT ARE THE LOCAL TRADES GONNA DO WHEN WE STOP PAYING FOR ADS? WRITE ABOUT US!

I'm gonna stop now because I'm like a Lynch track; all over the place. j/k

I just had to sound off!

Cuda Ramey

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
I was just thinkin' of the same thing the other day Cuda as far as are the bigger names in the Bay gonna show up or, more importantly, even acknowledge the Coalition's existence. Does someone like 40 or Richie or Mac Dre even care about something like this? Does Murder Dog give a shit these days when they have the South on lock?

It'll be interesting to see who gets involved and who acts like nothin' is happenin'.

Gone,
Doxx

Apr 25, 2002
Re: I'd Like 2 Know If These Cats Will Show!

Big C said:
When I was growing up I learned early that the best way to get something I wanted was to team up with someone who has already done it, or has some experience w/it.

I played Soccer, Baseball and Football. We had our star players that would carry the team, but we did it as a unit.

What I'm getting at is are the guys who have been in the biz for a minute going to come and show their support.

Here's a list of the cats I'm just curious about:
Brotha Lynch
C-Bo
Spice 1
Mac Mall
D-Shot
Mac Dre
I know Tayda Tay & Black C will be there!
Richie Rich
Luni Coleone
Cool Nutz
Bosko
I'll stop w/ the names here because I want to get on with what I want to let out.

Are the guys who YOU PAY AS FEATURES gonna come and help lead the charge?

Or are we just a cash cow that produces quick cash when they're in a jam or THEIR sales are down?

With established names like that we could do some damage. I'm not saying we won't be able to alone, but even Jimmy Hoffa had to get some support from other teamsters to accomplish what cat's from his era did. (I don't want to end up like him though!)

Is Murder Dog gonna come, or are they gonna keep raising their prices?
Is SHOWCASE gonna come/ Are you Frank?

We have been taken advantage of for a LONG time.

Absurd prices. Ridiculous circulation.

We WILL come together and BE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH.

I don't care about hurting feelings. And I don't burn any bridges either, I just tell it like it is. The same way I expect to be talked to if I'm fucking up.

30-40 labels in this union will be a HUGE accomplishment. We will be in a better position to bargain and barter.

Why won't radio play our shit? Because we don't do anything about it!

Why does the price of print ads keep going up? Because we don't do anything about it!

Why can't we get articles written about us? Because we don't do anything about it!

THIS IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALL AND I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED!

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN WHEN KMEL SEES 500 PEOPLE PICKETING IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICES? PLAY OUR SHIT!

WHAT'S KSFM GONNA DO WHEN THEY HAVE 500 PEOPLE PICKETING IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICES? PLAY OUR SHIT!

WHAT ARE THE LOCAL TRADES GONNA DO WHEN WE STOP PAYING FOR ADS? WRITE ABOUT US!

I'm gonna stop now because I'm like a Lynch track; all over the place. j/k

I just had to sound off!

Cuda Ramey
GOOD SHIT!KEEP IN MIND THO,THA LESS BIG NAMES INVOLVED THA LESS SERIOUS YOU`LL BE TAKIN BY THA PUBLICK.IF I WASNT A BORN LEADER I`D JUMP ON THA TEAM.........

Oct 8, 2002
Cuda,
keep doin' what your doin'..did you hear me in the pm I sent?? you know you have my support.....Hey Cuda... I'll even bake some double chocolate chip cookies for you to take with ya to your meeting!! *smiles*

May 10, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yo that shit is true and Wax I feel the same way.

If they ain't playin our shit fuck 'em we do ourselves. Clubs don't want to book us because they think we can't draw people, fuck 'em we throw our own show with major draw. The list goes on. I can't compete with major label budgets so fuck 'em, stick to the grass roots and hit your fans your damn self.

Of course to survive nowadays in this market, this is the attitude we all must have. No other way around it!

Apr 25, 2002
JDoscianco...your tone is all wrong...
YOU HIT YOUR FANS YOUR DAMN SELF...

We aren't any followers here...we're a bunch of leaders who are sick and tired of gettin looked over...so we gon do our damn thang TOGETHER to knock the mothafuckin walls down...

"When we start the revolution all they'll prolly do is squeel"

Wax...do ya thang homie...you gon bubble regardless

to that other cat...learn how to adress a mothafucka with some respect

Apr 25, 2002
Cuda...Tact...b-12

i got a question...

will y'all be okay with it...if this thing fails?
if nothin happens right away...are y'all tryin to quit this thing...

i know i'm not a factor or nothin...and y'all prolly couldn't care less

but i don't want to dedicate myself to something where the other people aren;t COMPLETELY dedicated to making it succesful

lemme know

May 10, 2002
www.myspace.com
Young Moe >Nah folks.. you got it wrong. I didn't mean that this thing is for followers. I'm speakin on the fact that Cuda brought up about local media not supporting their own artists. We hit our own fans ourselves, yes. I don't rely on others to do it. I am a strong suppoter of uniting, always have been. Folks who know me know that I've been speakin on this since jr. high when I had my first business. I believe no one person can do it themselves. I've been sick and tired of tryin to break major bread with media that don't give a fuck. Thats my point.

And like I said I'm all for the independents! Hopefully that clears things up. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Thats what this is all about. I will see you on the 19th.

May 10, 2002
www.myspace.com
Its all good I feel you. We all have a right to get heated on this subject. We're basically talking about our futures in the music business and right now the market is fucked and technology is booming and we all are feeling the effects caused by it.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
MOSES: IM DEDICATED TO EVERYTHING I DO... SO EVEN IF THIS DONT WORK OUT, I GOT OTHER PLANS THAT MIGHT WORK OUT, PLUS I DONT EVER PLAN ON FAILING..... BUT MOE, I AINT NOBODY SPECIAL... IM JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.... I DO CARE BOUT THIS SHIT, AND NOT JUST THIS MEETING, BUT ABOUT THE RAP GAME.... IF WE CANT GET TOGETHER AND DO IT, WELL, ILL HAVE MY OWN PEOPLE FOLLOWIN ME, TRYIN TO CHANGE THIS SHIT AROUND.... I DIDNT THROW THIS BART/SICCNESS COMP TOGETHER TO MAKE MONEY OR REALLY FOR ANY OTHER REASON THEN THE FACT, I HAVE THE OPPERTUNITY TO HELP OTHERS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE IN A SITUATION I USED TO BE IN.... NO DISTRIBUTION, NO ALBUM, NO CONNECTS, NOTHIN.... BUT I HAVE ALL THAT SHIT NOW, SO IM ONE WHO GIVES BACC TO WHERE I CAME FROM.... BEST BELIEVE IMA BE AROUND, AND IF I GOT A PLAN.... IMA GIVE THE RIGHT PEOPLE THE CHANCE TO GET IN ON IT....

May 21, 2002
Youngmoe/ I've thought of that already, but not from the point of view you asked. I was thinking that some of the labels would be disenchanted if things didn't spark as quicky as they would like.

I've been in the game for a long time.

I've been lied to by my homies. I've had money promised and come to find out that they were bullshitting because they just wanted me to drive someone out of town. Then, being fucked out of gas money.
That's when my son was first born and I was BROKE! I lied to my then lady just to make my so called boys happy. I've had people close to me terrified because of the way I carry myself.

You see, I have a strong presence and I catch on quick. So some people find that intimidating.

I've been there and done that. So for this to start off slow doesn't worry me. I know this can work.

I'm applying patience, political savvy, and sheer determination to make this work!

So, NO! I will not just quit.

But, I admire you asking that. I know a lot of folks were probably thinking that, but didn't know how to ask.

Take care to everyone!

Cuda Ramey