ICP and Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Man, after watching "Beef II" I see them kat's in whole new light. I thought they were a bunch of weirdo's in face paint, when turns out they're a bunch of business men who love they're form of music in face paint. How they met Eminem and got into it with him is real talk. He was dick riding them and trying to use them to blow up... without they permission. Now them and Tech 9, sounds official, because they both on some odd sick shit. "Bird's of a feather, flock together"

Nov 22, 2004
Humboldt County CA
Flossalini said:
Man, after watching "Beef II" I see them kat's in whole new light. I thought they were a bunch of weirdo's in face paint, when turns out they're a bunch of business men who love they're form of music in face paint. How they met Eminem and got into it with him is real talk. He was dick riding them and trying to use them to blow up... without they permission. Now them and Tech 9, sounds official, because they both on some odd sick shit. "Bird's of a feather, flock together"

I seen the same shit...Thats what made me think LESS of them....Slim, DICKRIDING them?....C'mon man....He was just "Clownin" them, which aint that hard to do...

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Putting a niggas name on your flyer that you don't know, and asking to come to yo shit on the same night... "hopefull dickriding" I like Slim, but I always wondered why he hated them so much. I don't like they music, I just like they're vision. Like they said, 8 million records later... and they still getting under his skin. It's just like Yuk and 50, 50 ain't worried bout Yuk... but Yuk got two whole mixtapes dedicated to hating him. I can't let no one see me sweat like that.

Nov 22, 2004
Humboldt County CA
Its all marketing...in the end, ICP got hustle, but Slim got TALENT....PEROID....I still wait for the day when a *REAL* PSYCO mutherfucker gets that stupid paint shit TATTED on his face and smokes Violent Jay when he finds out his hero aint what he's rappin about....

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Oh, you must be waitin fo "Mike Tyson"(Pyscho's wit face make up) to start rappin. Matter of fact, I think him and Roy Jones gone start a group called "Washed Up & Ring Out to Dry". Face paint is gay, but I actullay saw some of those "Juggulos" or whatever the fuck they're called in Sac. They have a stong following, but you can't catch anybody wearing "Shady Wear"

Nov 22, 2004
Humboldt County CA
Flossalini said:
Oh, you must be waitin fo "Mike Tyson"(Pyscho's wit face make up) to start rappin. Matter of fact, I think him and Roy Jones gone start a group called "Washed Up & Ring Out to Dry". Face paint is gay, but I actullay saw some of those "Juggulos" or whatever the fuck they're called in Sac. They have a stong following, but you can't catch anybody wearing "Shady Wear"

no, Im just wondering why some Tech fans like ICP....Besides, Slim aint got shit to do wit my original question...Any single 1 of his records generated WAAAYY more money than all ICP concerts, records, T-shirts, strap on dildo's, or whatever the fuck they sell to the Juggulo's...

The reason for my question in the first place is to find out from his fans how big the movement really is...as a BUSINESS MAN, I could see why Tech would associate himself wit them...The whole FTI and everything, but IMO, He's a higher caliber artist than them and could do shit wit peeps on his level....I bet it was ICP that came to him first....

By the way, Tyson's shit is a REAL TAT and He CANT WASH THAT SHIT OFF when the cameras leave....

Jan 8, 2004
www.sickfucksunited.com
like it or not, ICP is bigger than Tech N9ne AT THIS MOMENT.

ICP has multiple platinum and gold records, multiple platinum and gold movies. They debut on the charts with a solid spot every release, 9 out of 10 people have heard of ICP if you ask em in the streets. They are a solid company, and prove it time and time again. Sure, most people think the image is corny as hell, but they are smart. They play it up, get paid, and get their name known.

Tech realizes that alot of juggalos were diggin his music, why NOT cater in that direction and get himself known in another community? It all boils down to records sold, tour tickets being sold, merchandise being sold, and a fanbase that appreciated what he is doing.

Sep 19, 2003
www.geocities.com
peteysweetgrass said:
Do they have any collabos 2gether? Do most Tech fans like these "Clowns"?....I have heard they've done some shows 2gether...It seems kinda "Strange" to me that Tech would be assocoated with these guys.....

No pun intended...
Thug Pit features Tech

And for those of you talking shit on face paint (and I"m NOT an ICP fan at all) why don't you find out what Tech wears on his face? I wish I had pix of the last show, it wasn't just words on his face, he had a full cross, and I can't remember what Kaliko had, but I believe it was full face paint too. Man... Tech and Chris are sooo gay!

edit: Btw, I do believe Tech isn't just 'catering toward juggalos' I think Tech does like their shit. Don't quote me, lol, but I remember reading a post somewhere where he said he did... hmmmm

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
KayZew said:
ICP has multiple platinum and gold records, multiple platinum and gold movies. They debut on the charts with a solid spot every release, 9 out of 10 people have heard of ICP if you ask em in the streets.

So does Lil Bow-Bow and Lil Romeo...

whats your point??
that doesnt make them good..

Techs worst raps are better than their best..

Jan 8, 2004
www.sickfucksunited.com
did I say ICP was more talented? whats that? oh...no i didn't

all I said was they are bigger right now, and when tech started working with them, he got a lot more fans. Fuck outta here with that elitist attitude and realize that the more fans tech has, the more money he makes, and the better it is for him

Jan 8, 2004
www.sickfucksunited.com
you guys just are getting it. it doesnt matter if they are good or not, thats everybodies own opinion. what I am saying is that they are making money, and tech, being associated, is also making money and gaining popularity and a larger fanbase

simple as that

Jan 2, 2004
KayZew said:
like it or not, ICP is bigger than Tech N9ne AT THIS MOMENT.
I'm pretty sure Absolute Power sold more than Hell's Pit and The Calm.

They chart high in the first week because all of ICP's fans buy that stuff the first week, but it drops off like mad the second week. I'm pretty sure Tech is around 200-250K sales for AP.. Since he had 150,000 sales over a year ago. I would think he would get 50,000 sales, especially since he's gotten such a bigger fanbase since then.

I don't think The Calm or Hell's Pit reached that number. Hell's Pit could've though.

EDIT: Your also talking about there popularity on the plaques.. But, what was the last ICP album to get a plaque.. I think it was AJB.. But, they have fallen off since then. They were bigger back then because the whole Disney scandle and the fact that they used to be on on WWF TV every week.

But another reason ICP has fallen off is that there music has gotten way worse as well. I don't care what haters say, Milenko and Jeckle Bros are good albums, if you don't consider them rap. Because I don't really consider ICP rap.

Jan 2, 2004
Yeah, but who's going to buy them? You know all the juggalos already have there copies. And they don't appeal to the mainstream crowd anymore.

ICPs fanbase is declining and Tech's is getting bigger.

I don't see how Hell's Pit or Calm could get a big spike in sales that would put it over top of Absolute Power.

I'm pretty sure Shangri-La has to be pretty high in sales, around 300,000 - 350,000 or so just because ICP was all over the place when that album came out. And it was a big deal, and a lot of the fans that grew out of there music bought it.