I see the way the Bay is movin and the shit makes me proud...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2006
STREETFIGHT said:
it's important for the non/not so hyphee artist like The Frontline, The Team, Jacka, Ya Boy and Balance to make the Bay keep it's beyond the Hyphee, Yellow Bus status. For this "movement" to really do what it should do the cream needs to rise to the top before we become victims of over saturation. Good thread though.
The Team is not hyphy?? hmm....

Mar 7, 2006
Cant please everybody...shyt...
Since i got a entertainment company I'm riding with everybody else I dont give a shyt Hyphy, Delinquents, WolfPack, The Coup, Easki, really now. We should just be fukkin glad we get to see our culture our cities on TV for a change now. I like the south but I dont relate to strippers, just dont. But people do. Let's ride it if you not hyphy trying to come out step up or shut up. It's our turn now regardless as to whom did what we shining what would you rather the alternative?

Feb 23, 2006
www.3kalikingz.com
pvctilim6ftdeep said:
i dont give a fuck how the bay is gettin credit nowadays cuz it aint happenin in the right way. we been makin quality shit for a long time now, the hyphy movement is just a gimmick made by 40 to get some mainstream credit. shit gets watered down when mtv hits the scene. adidi? if i wuz that nigga keak id be pissed, 40 be takin all his shit. shit while im on topic, nigga made a song called "Stewie?" cmon now mayne, u wuz never on that shit when dre was alive? why now? nigga''s a fake.
^^^ Shut the fuck up!!! Everybody keep 4gettin 40 was on Hyphy by the feds in 03. Las time I checked Dre died in 04. It might be a gimmick but its workin. DAMN!!! Yall niggaz need to be hapy for a change!

Nov 1, 2004
on the radio the other day in San Diego they was talkin bout all the artists to perform with E-40.. they said "Keak Da Sneak, hes kinda new to the game"

i was damn near about to call em and be like.. "3x Krazy, learn about it bitch"

Feb 27, 2006
Big-k said:
^^^ Shut the fuck up!!! Everybody keep 4gettin 40 was on Hyphy by the feds in 03. Las time I checked Dre died in 04. It might be a gimmick but its workin. DAMN!!! Yall niggaz need to be hapy for a change!
i never said 40 took hyphy from dre...read that shit again..and yeah no shit nigga be on the hyphy in 03 but dude was not sayin shit about gettin stewie or goin dumb shakin dreads or best of all THIZZ FACE, till dre died. NIGGA YELLIN YEEEEE! that nigga was never yellin yee. that was that country club shit. so yeah go 40 make yo cash do yo thang but to be honest i could really give a fuck about the hyphy movement, or voting on trl, ima stay buyin bay albums if we famous or not.

Feb 23, 2006
www.3kalikingz.com
pvctilim6ftdeep said:
i never said 40 took hyphy from dre...read that shit again..and yeah no shit nigga be on the hyphy in 03 but dude was not sayin shit about gettin stewie or goin dumb shakin dreads or best of all THIZZ FACE, till dre died. NIGGA YELLIN YEEEEE! that nigga was never yellin yee. that was that country club shit. so yeah go 40 make yo cash do yo thang but to be honest i could really give a fuck about the hyphy movement, or voting on trl, ima stay buyin bay albums if we famous or not.
^ I feel u.

Oct 28, 2003
To be honest though, I respect 40, but he does have a history of kinda "borrowing" peoples slangs and making them his own. The "yeeee" is a Richmond thing all day. 40 is taking full credit for Hyphee as if he created it and that's not cool.

D

DaSlimReaper

4real2reel said:
The Team is not hyphy?? hmm....
No, they are not uptempo. Their music is a more like relaxed music to ride and smoke purple to. It ain't all hyped up and shit and Clyde Carson actually has lyrics and can spit, it ain't just some entertainment shit they on. Every song that mentions purple or going dumb, ya'll label that hyphy. They're just Town words period, it's just Bay slang. Hyphy music is uptempo club music, not melodic turf music.

Dec 2, 2003
If you just listen to the music, Hyphee artist are the worst rappers. They make good music to dance to, they stay on top of the current slangs, but as far as SKILL they are the worst. I not talking about artist that want to see the Bay make so they are willing to role with the "Hyphee Movement" I'm talking about the artist that really just make hyphee music. I'm not hatin, I like to move to the music when I'm in the club, but their rapping is terrible. They don't really talk about anything...they arn't well rounded. That's probally why some cats don't see the team as Hyphee artist. The rappers out here with skill don't really be on no hyphee shit.

Jan 23, 2003
SO FAB DONT GOT SKILL PICK UP THAT SON OF A PIMP HE ONLY GOT A FEW HYPHY SONGS THE REST IS SOME SERIOUS SHIT ITS JUST THE HYPHY SONGS IS THE 1S THE RADIO CHOOSE TO PLAY