I need help on this

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006

Her Parents had Khoisan blood in them. Remember, i gave parameters (the white parents ancestors back at least to great grandparents should be white also). Anyways, this is about her parents having Khosian blood in them:

IMAGINE you have the same blood as them, and they reject you, just because your mixed heritage is manifest, while theirs remains invisible! Nonetheless, she ended up marrying a black man, and even though her family OBVIOUSLY had African ancestry too, they shunned her and she was forever separated from her family.

Nonetheless, as for the level of African or Khosian ancestry in the Laing family, it had to have been somewhat significant, even though it did not show. While non-white admixture in Afrikaners is 5-7% and therefore negligible, that's just an average. Obviously just as you'll find Afrikaners with less than 5% non-white blood, you'll find some with MORE than 7% admixture. In Sandra Laing's case, her parents happened to be one of the latter. Even in the United States, where non-white blood is more negligible than amongst Afrikaners, there are a some white Americans with above negligible black ancestry. In the case of Sandra Laing's parents, the admixture had to come from BOTH SIDES of the family too. So both had to have had a total of at least 20% Khosian genes, in order for the meiosis to take place. A person who marries a partner with negligible to no non-white ancestry cannot produce a throwback. But if both have enough non-white ancestry on both sides, for meiosis to take place, a throw back is possible! This is the case with Sandra Laing's parents. Negligible non-white ancestry DOES NOT result in throw backs!

I forgot to throw this in there, just in case:

Both Sandra Laing's parents, state that on both sides of the family as far back as their great-grandparents, their family has been white. That still does not rule out the possibility that one of the great-grandparents (or some RECENT ancestor) was "passing", and that a whole bunch of individuals with significant admixture, just happen to enter the genepool!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Dhadnot said:
Her Parents had Khoisan blood in them. Remember, i gave parameters (the white parents ancestors back at least to great grandparents should be white also). Anyways, this is about her parents having Khosian blood in them:

IMAGINE you have the same blood as them, and they reject you, just because your mixed heritage is manifest, while theirs remains invisible! Nonetheless, she ended up marrying a black man, and even though her family OBVIOUSLY had African ancestry too, they shunned her and she was forever separated from her family.

Nonetheless, as for the level of African or Khosian ancestry in the Laing family, it had to have been somewhat significant, even though it did not show. While non-white admixture in Afrikaners is 5-7% and therefore negligible, that's just an average. Obviously just as you'll find Afrikaners with less than 5% non-white blood, you'll find some with MORE than 7% admixture. In Sandra Laing's case, her parents happened to be one of the latter. Even in the United States, where non-white blood is more negligible than amongst Afrikaners, there are a some white Americans with above negligible black ancestry. In the case of Sandra Laing's parents, the admixture had to come from BOTH SIDES of the family too. So both had to have had a total of at least 20% Khosian genes, in order for the meiosis to take place. A person who marries a partner with negligible to no non-white ancestry cannot produce a throwback. But if both have enough non-white ancestry on both sides, for meiosis to take place, a throw back is possible! This is the case with Sandra Laing's parents. Negligible non-white ancestry DOES NOT result in throw backs!

I forgot to throw this in there, just in case:

Both Sandra Laing's parents, state that on both sides of the family as far back as their great-grandparents, their family has been white. That still does not rule out the possibility that one of the great-grandparents (or some RECENT ancestor) was "passing", and that a whole bunch of individuals with significant admixture, just happen to enter the genepool!
Nor does it confirm or validate the position that someone from the great-grandparents on down (a RECENT ancestor) WAS passing. There is no evidence supporting that theory, and my guess is the mothers genes (and those on her side of the family) caused this.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
And every article I've come across that mentions the grandparenst says they are WHITE:

Nature had played a trick. Abraham and Sannie Laing were white, their parents, grandparents and great grandparents were white, yet their daughter was dark. By a biological quirk, the pigment of an unknown black ancestor had lain dormant for generations and manifested in Sandra.
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-17-2003-37452.asp

EMPHASIS MINE.

If it is KNOWN that everyone up to the great grandparents were WHITE, we should then assume that the "unknown" ancestor is just that--UNKNOWN. Linking them to the great grandparent is 100% unsupported (from what these articles would suggest.)

Feb 7, 2006
HERESY said:
Nor does it confirm or validate the position that someone from the great-grandparents on down (a RECENT ancestor) WAS passing. There is no evidence supporting that theory, and my guess is the mothers genes (and those on her side of the family) caused this.

I know this, but I cite it because the parents wouldn't know if one of their ancestors up to the great-grandparents were passing or not.

Basically, I don't believe "totally white" people can have a colored baby. But what criterion should one use to claim someone is totally white? All these articles mention that somewhere down the line (but not too far back into antiquity) a colored person added their genes into the mix. This is one of the reasons I am having a problem with what you present to me as "white" people having colored babies.

Feb 7, 2006
HERESY said:
Why wouldn't they know?
It's a possibility they might know, if they were informed by either the passing relative, or another person who knew, or knew of the passing relative. Other than that, if the relative lived his/her life as a member of another race successfully, how would the parents know unless they had DNA tests done on the passing relative? Besides the article says the parents were bewildered that their child was colored, being that all their relatives were white up to their great grandparents. Probably they deluded themselves into believing that their passing relative was white, but I don't believe so.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I believe the gene was cut off and came back after generations, and believe the gene came from a source older than the great grandparents. How much older is beyond me, but I know a lot of people who have met their great grand parents and even geat-great-grand parents. My grandmother on my moms side (who is still alive) is actually a great-great grandmother.

But, considering the political climate these people were in at that time, if one of their folks were mixed they had to keep their mouth shut or suffer the consequences.

Feb 7, 2006
HERESY said:
I believe the gene was cut off and came back after generations, and believe the gene came from a source older than the great grandparents. How much older is beyond me, but I know a lot of people who have met their great grand parents and even geat-great-grand parents. My grandmother on my moms side (who is still alive) is actually a great-great grandmother.

But, considering the political climate these people were in at that time, if one of their folks were mixed they had to keep their mouth shut or suffer the consequences.
true. The first article also said that both of the parents' lines could have had different amounts of admixture into their gene pool. But we can both agree that the colored offspring of these parents who we perceive to be " white", are the manifestations of the parents' latent colored ancestery/genes.