I NEED HELP, IM BEING SUED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2004
Im trying to get the car history on a truck i owned a few years ago. somthing that shows i owned it from say 2000-2002 and then shows i sold it. The DMV wont give me anything.. the person i sold that car to did a hit and run in it like 3 years after i sold it to him and now LVPD is saying i was the owner.

Is there like a website were i can get records like that? anything would help.

Jun 15, 2005
You must have forgotten to turn in the bill of sale on the back of the pink to the dmv, or else they would have had that info.

Lesson learned.

EDIT: sounds like a lawyer could easily get you through this, too. Proving it's your car is not the same as proving you were the driver.

ps - where's the car now?

Jul 21, 2004
antoniog831 said:
LIFES A BITCH... WELL WHERE DID YOU BUY IT. THERE SHOULD BE PAPER WORK FROM THAT SOURCE/PERSON.
i got it in cali, sold it to my cuzin and his bitch ass sold it to his homie who wrecked it and wont tell me who. i got a lawyer but i just wanted to know if theres any web site that can reserch a cars owner history.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
If they never took the car out of your name, you are lightweight screwed dude. You have to take the steps tp release yourself from liability.

Nov 16, 2004
carfax.com has vehicle history reports. When I was looking for a used car, I simply pasted the vin numbers into carfax and it would tell me the history of the car. Basically, the number of owners and when the transfer took place etc but no names or anything that specific. Get a good lawyer.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
smeezy said:
carfax.com has vehicle history reports. When I was looking for a used car, I simply pasted the vin numbers into carfax and it would tell me the history of the car. Basically, the number of owners and when the transfer took place etc but no names or anything that specific. Get a good lawyer.
Post number 10