I need help buying a good drum machine.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
FL Studio+Samples or VSTi plugins if you want to synthesize your drums like Kicks.

Other than that, If I went hardware I wouldn't get anything other than a MPC. All the other drum machines seem too expensive for just being a drum machine, might as well get a MPC.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have the sp-404, 202, 660 and MP-7. The 4000 is in storage, but the first four are here in the lab. The 202 and 404 aren't really drum machines. They come with some preset sounds, but they are full fledged samplers. However the 404 is a pretty good machine that sounds good in my opinion. Now, the 660 is decent, and it was actually what we built the studio around (first piece of gear ever), and I'll never get rid of it. It has some cool drum sounds, and although some of them sound just like the ones from my xp-60 I can get a different tone from this machine. Now the mp-7, thats what I was actually going to suggest you cop. The different variations in sound that you can make are over the top. Change one knob and you'll have a totally different sound, and out of all my boards and modules the mp-7 and xp-60 are the EASIEST to use when creating custom patches (but my motif es sounds the best.)

Sep 22, 2006
Houston
thanks for the help peeps, i appreciate it, i really just wanted a drum machine/sampler so i could fuck with it during road trips so i wont be bored. MPCs would take up everything lol!

My cuz has a Dr. Groove Boss Sampler, i fuck with that shit alot. Its nice simple and kinda compact. Just the way i like it. But i dont want to buy the same damn sampler. you feel me. 808 is bangin on that hoe too.