I messed up and jacked up my waves plugins..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 31, 2002
www.StraightTripping.com
i have the gold package.. waves ver 3.5 and I JACKED it up.. Ive been using it for a couple years, but just yesterday, I tried to upgrade to 5.0 and SH#T its not supported on Win 98.. I tried to just erase it and reinstall my ver 3.5.. but now the installation stops and I get an error message about I/O.. ANYONE know what the problem could be?.. I'm looking for some help. I have some stuff to give in return for fixing my problem.. thanks..

[email protected]

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
get a OS from this decade lol that will probably fix it. either that or do a system reboot and take your computer back in time before you tried to do the install if you can even do that with win98

Apr 26, 2006
Try a "registry" cleaning program. Make sure their both uninstalled, then run a registry cleaning program, then finally try to re-install that 3.5 again. There's a bunch of freeware ones. There's probably some corrupted registry info still left after the uninstall and or the registry info from the 3.5 is conflicting with the registry info of the newer 5.0.

I use a lil freeware computer cleaning utility called "CCleaner" and it cleans out the registry as well when you go to the "Issues" menu. When it is done scanning your registry, choose "Fix." Make sure to make a back-up file though when it asks you.

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/CCleaner/ccleaner.html

There's other freeware apps as well though that are more specifically designed to clean out your registry. Check that site out, snapfiles.com

Apr 25, 2002
If you want to run newer versions of stuff you're going to have to update your OS. Simple as that. I don't know of any software that still supports Windows 98. You can try what has already been mentioned, which is pretty much your only options.