I got to ask yall a question that seems to always pop up in BART.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2006
Waddup,
My question is, Do heads really put out recycled verses on albums? I noticed some of the threads say "no recycled verses". So heads really do that shit?

reason i ask is, i have never heard of that shit other then when heads make remade tracks of 2pac or biggie

Mar 10, 2006
I guess the 'art' in artist ain't important no more. Shit. Is cats too broke to buy more paper to write on? This recycled verse shit is annoying. If any of us want to be taken seriously, or get signed to majors, then we should have enough material for a NEW album. Everyone hated clip-show episodes of TV shows...Who the fuck wants to buy a record like that? THEN, artist have the audacity to ask for support? The audacity to ask for money for something the fans already bought?? 'Oh, look, a new beat. That'll give the words new meaning.' Shits pathetic. Keep writing or quit.

Feb 2, 2006
these rappers doin recycled verses prolly cant afford a pack of 10 ballpoint pens and a notebook....thats maybe $2 at the most if u shop at walmart....this shit with recycled verses is beyond pathetic....its at the point that any cd that drops has at least one recycled verse on it....cmon....dont tell me that rappers cant afford to spend $2 so they can write new verses

Mar 10, 2006
these rappers doin recycled verses prolly cant afford a pack of 10 ballpoint pens and a notebook....thats maybe $2 at the most if u shop at walmart....this shit with recycled verses is beyond pathetic....its at the point that any cd that drops has at least one recycled verse on it....cmon....dont tell me that rappers cant afford to spend $2 so they can write new verses
That's what it's starting to look like. Lazy lazy lazy. Comfort kills creativity, people. Don't think for a second that your verse is hot enough to force feed your audience with it twice. If its that sicc, then they can restart the song. C'mon, these are the people that support you. You gonna slap em in the face and ask them to pay you for it?

Jun 2, 2002
lol are you serious??? hell yeah muthafuckers recycle verses...it was way more common 5-10 years ago, and then people caught on...hella artists were doing it though...that shit boiled my blood after spending $15 on what i thought was new songs!

Feb 2, 2006
if a "new" mac dre cd drops its gonna be full of recycled verses...there just pimpin out his legendary legacy for a quick dollar as usual...

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Heard a couple Jacka verses on different songs, the one that I can remember most has the lines "The only difference between me and you, is a white bus with cages in side"

Apr 23, 2006
i have heard rappers recycle lyrics into new songs and sometimes i think its sick

like when they said something so sick they gotta say it again a an other time

i noticed the jacka does this alot and so does nickatina

but sometimes people just full out recycle an entire voice and dont even re record it ... just mix it in with the new beat

thizz ent did that alot with dre

Mar 1, 2007
m.d.'s verse on my homeboys chevy is hard as fuck...i forgot what song it was originally from but it sounds sick on both songs....aye but sometimes it mite not even b tha artist doin it...sumtimes a verse is so dope that anotha artist slaps it onto they own song...not sayin every1 does it but theres a few that do...its so ppl look at ur disc especially wen ur comin up...ppl will c a name they like in the feautures n will buy it...ppl do get their names herd...its a good selling strategy...yea n the jacka does it more than ne1 in the bay...but u gotta admit that those verses r hard that they do recycle...its not like they recycling run of the mill shit...jus m.o.

Aug 7, 2006
My opinion,
If you know a comp or album has recycled shit, why do you still cop it. Like i understand if it is someone who passed like Biggie or Mac Dre or something like that. But heads who are still alive and well shouldn't be doing that. every head here has a favorite emcee they support, but i feel you should do your part in making sure the next album should be some new and fresh shit, if it isn't new why still cop?? you feel me?

Dec 4, 2007
Truth be told i have recycled before a long long time ago,but now
after reading through this thread i will never ever recycle again in my life,
and ya can qoute me on that one........This is why i love the siccness!